Love Gets Bumpy

I rise early in the morning feeling super cheery and get ready for my test shoot with Ford models. I dress pretty casual which makes me look like I did back in high school before I started running around with Desiree. I dress in some cute black leggings, a long sleeve thermal, a long coat, and some thigh high Prada boots. Melrose is looking like a sexy ass lawyer in her business suit, looking so formal. If ya didn't know, Melrose has the looks to be a model too, a stud model. She is 5'9, 125 lbs, 8 pack abs, light skin, brown eyes and dreads. Sexiest thang that I've seen in a while. Anyways she makes me a health smoothie that is all green and looks unappetizing, saying it will help me be alert and energized. Melrose insist on driving me to my test shoot so she can pick me up after work and take me shopping. I know she really wants to so I let her. We finally arrive at a beautiful photography studio and my heart is beating so fast. I kiss Melrose goodbye and go inside.

There are photos of professional models plastered all over the office wall. The receptionist, Jen, places her hand out.

"You must be Jade." Jen says with a cheery smile.

"Yea, I'm Jade." I nervously say with my hands in my coat pockets.

"Come with me. I'll be introducing you to the photographer ,Carlos Martinez. He will be taking all your test shoots today." Jen explains as she leads me into a big, white room with bright lights and tons of props and cameras.

A dark haired, man with glasses and a friendly face approaches me. "You must be Jade. Wow. You're very beautiful like Feemo said. Have you ever modeled before?"

"Yes, I did. I modeled and did some brief acting when I was younger." I smile feeling thrilled about Feemo coming through for me.

"Well, I want you to relax and let everything come natural. No stress. Just pose naturally and feminine but make sure your personality shines through in every pose. That's what agencies are looking for." Carlos adjust his camera lens.

I allow all my past modeling experience come through the best that I can with every snap of the camera. After about 5 hours, 3 outfits changes, and too many poses to count. Carlos tells me that my shots look promising and introduces me to a Ford Agent named Adriana. She has beautiful dark skin, very long legs and curly black hair.

"Hi, Jade. I will reviewing your test shoots and I will get back with tomorrow with whether or not we would like to welcome you to our agency. If we do choose you, you will be signing contracts. You might want to have a lawyer present, to explain them to you. With completion of you signing the contracts, you will get an up front bonus of $50,000 in advancement money. Within one week of signing with us, Me, as your agent will be sending all across the world to shoot in different locations, walk in different fashion shows, and be a spokesmodel for different makeup brands. I wish you the best of luck and we will be in touch shortly." Adriana shakes my hand and then leaves.

I am almost in tears, I can barely dial Melrose's number to come pick me up. When Melrose finally pulls up, I'm trying to contain my excitement. I'm talking about a thousand words per a minute. I'm surprised that she could keep me when Melrose tells me she will be my lawyer to represent me and help me read over my contracts. By the time we reach West Lake Mall, I've simmered down some. Melrose walks over to my side, opens my door and we walk hand in hand into the mall. Since it's after 5, the mall is pretty busy, especially the holidays are close.  I've been so caught up in my life that I almost forgot that it's the middle of November and this will be the first time I don't spend it with my mom, let alone any of my family. The sight of a pregnant La La snaps me back to reality.

"OMG!" I gasp as La La approaches me with a small but very noticeable baby bump that makes her dress poke out.

"Hey girl!"  La La hugs me and gives me a huge smile.