Chapter 1: Name's Gab,Geeky Gab.

"Again?" I half-shouted at my parents,receiving the news. We're moving again. It's our third move this year. Just for once I wish we can stay, even if our house gets egged.

Even though it's not Halloween.

Or our house getting painted with all the cursed words in the world.

Even though it's not April's Fools.

Even if I go to the grocery store with my mother.

Even elderly women give us the stink eye.

"Don't shout at us. May I remind you that-" My father was saying but I cut in,

"That I brought this on myself." I finished for him,sarcastically. "Thanks for reminding me,dad." I ran up to my room,already noticing the packed suitcases with my things in them. Gee,thanks. I sighed,sitting on my sheet-less bed.

I can't do anything about it now. What's done is done. I wonder what normal families do on Sunday nights. Probably do a family outing or a movie night. Why can't we do that?

Laying my back on the mattress, I close my eyes. Tomorrow we're moving,but nothing like change. Nothing ever will change,can't they see that?

"Gabbeh! Wake up,it's moving time!" I opened my eyes immediately. How did I get on the floor? Oh yeah,moving dudes.

 That yelling voice is none other than my little sister Desiree. Just like her name, she's an exotic kind. She can wear red one day then wear pink the next. I really like that about Desiree; she's only 9,but accepts herself as being different.

"Thanks,Dessy." I said,hugging her. She's the only one in this family who's always happy about moving. Desiree likes going on adventure,but she can be a bit of a lazy-pants. 

I take her hand and we both walk to the bathroom. We both take out our matching toothbrushes, put our toothpaste, and simultaneously brush our teeth together.

"You can shower first." I said to her,already out the door. When I hear the water start to run, I walk downstairs to see my parents outside, loading the suitcases in our trunk. The moving truck already has the big stuff and are ready to go. 

"Done!" Dessy yells behind me,scaring me. She's wearing all blue. Aww,how precious. She's like a girl-smurf. "My turn,smurf." I ran up the stairs before she could say anything.

I always liked hot water, is that weird? I heard most people prefer cold water than hot. Kind of strange if you ask me.

My mom left me some clothes to change into on top of the toilet lid. Wow..how helpful.

"Gab,are you done?" My mother yells from downstairs. "I'm coming!" I yelled back,already out the door. I run out the house,looking back at it before I get in the car. As the car rode away, I could have sworn I saw the the b-word spray-painted on my window.

...

Someone shakes me awake. My eyes shot up immediately,ready to uppercut someone,but it was only my dad.

"We're here sweetheart." He says,smiling a bit. "Yay..." I mutter,trying to seem happy. "Is it Monday?" I asked him,seeing the sun about to set. "Yep, like 7:30." He answers,checking his watch. "I'm gonna go to the store to buy some Skittles." I point at the corner store. He nods and I quickly run there. I saw someone I thought I would never see again,but I quickly pay and run out before he could say anything.

I saw my mother outside the door,holding her keys. I gave her a questioning look and she tells me that we're going to the mall for more clothes for me. I smile and nod at her. We both go inside a shoe store that seems very popular because one girl asked the stupidest question ever.