Chapter 19: Protection (Part 1)

Another week has already passed and the Musketeers are starting to get bruises from protecting Naomi and I. They're little bruises but enough to make us both worry. They said it wasn't a big deal and that it was a part of the contract -- to protect the "good girls" from any harm.

"Why can't I protect you guys?" I asked during one of those days of that week. Naomi still packing up her stuff so we waited outside her classroom door for her. The guys were there, and after I asked them that question, they turned to each other before looking back at me,smiling nervously.

"You don't think I can?" I said, angrily. I even stomped my foot to add more effect.

"It's not that we don't think you can." Jordan said quickly. 

"We just..." Declan tried to say.

"It's all a part of the contract." Bennett tries to explain. "We protect you, not the other way around."

"Why the smurf not? I got muscles." I showed them my 'guns', even put a gun effects to make it seem more effective.

"Uh-huh...Such big meaty 'guns'." Naomi said out of nowhere. I screeched and jumps, only to be in Jordan's arms. We slowly leaned in...

 Thump!

"Do you know how much you weigh?" Jordan tried to imitate me.

"I'm sorry, I must have no heard you correctly." I got up, rubbed my bottom, and looked at him with a death glare. "Are you calling me fat?"

"W-what? No..." Jordan tried to save himself.

"Are you calling me skinny then?"

"I never...wait..wh-"

"Well, what am I, Jordan? Hmm?!" I kept pestering him.

"You're...uh...slim?" He gulped. I looked down at myself and shrugged. "Yeah,okay." After I said that, Jordan breathed in a sigh of relief.

"Okay before all that happened," Naomi motioned to Jordan and I, "what were you guys talking about?"

"About how we, good girls, can't protect our bad boys." I stood right next to her, crossing my arms and glaring at the boys.

"We can't protect you?" Naomi questioned. Now, she started to cross her arms and glare at them too.

"It's not that." Bennett tries to reason with us.

"Then what is it?" Naomi and I said, tilting our heads simultaneously. 

"We just don't you getting hurt because of us." Declan says, looking at us with a bit of concern.

Naomi and I looked at each other. We did this kind of 'girl talk' while just staring at each other. It progressed as we hung out more.

"But, it's not fair." Naomi stated.

"Yeah, we're strong too." I muttered.

"We know you are." Declan started.

"And you're awesome because of that." Jordan continued.

"But, we just want to protect you. There's no need for you guys to help us." Bennett ended.

Naomi and I sighed and muttered a small 'fine' or 'okay'. However, we didn't let the subject drop and the guys knew it too.

Okay,folks, back to reality.

I'm suppose to meet the Musketeers at Starbucks so we can discuss some other plans. I thought I would be early, but turns out I didn't watch the clock enough to realize that I'm late. Oopsy daisy?