Chapter 31: Let It Be Done. I Deserve It.

"Okay, so let me get this straight." Declan stated. "You didn't want to tell us you got your driver's license because you were scared?"

"Yep."

"Of what,exactly?"

Jordan sighed. "I've already told you like seven times."

"You didn't have to lie about it." Naomi told him. I nodded, agreeing with her.

"Yeah. I wouldn't let you drive us anyway. I've seen the way you play Crazy Taxi." Bennett replied. The four of us chuckled a bit, but not Jordan.

"I shouldn't have driven you yesterday, Gabi."

"It's okay. It's not your fault that you like helping the environment. I think it's a good reason why. Gas is like fart -- it smells bad, but it needs to be done or used from time to time."

"Right..." Jordan brushed his hair back. "For the environment..."

I smiled, nudging my shoulder by his. "Someone's gotta stop these rebels from polluting."

Naomi,Declan, and Bennett looked towards Jordan with slightly widen eyes.

"R-rebels?" Declan asked me, kind of nervous. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," I raised my eyebrows at him, a bit confused by his reaction, "when Jordan and I were in his car, I saw all of these stupid graffiti art and gang signs. In my opinion, I think it's stupid how they just go out at night and do whatever the smurf they even do. Like come out in broad daylight and show yourself."

"Well,maybe, they don't feel comfortable with that, Gabi." Bennett says with a little force.

"They could feel insecure about it and get arrested from doing the acts they shouldn't." Naomi tried to reason with me. I shook my head at her.

"That's the thing. Why would they even do these criminal acts if they're not ready for the consequences?"

"Maybe they're trying to keep peace." Jordan replied. I looked at him,weirdly. He looked the other way. "Hypothetically speaking."

"It's not always about violence,Gabi." Declan said. He looked me straight in the eye with a determined face. "It could be because life is too fudging short for anyone to just sit down and be a good person-" He stopped and looked at Naomi and I. "No offense."

"None-taken..." We both mumbled at the same time.

"But,anyway. It could be because they just want to experiment or just genuinely curious about what it's about. But in my opinion, I think it's just because they're all friends and want to make memories together." Declan continued. I raised my eyebrows at him. He cleared his throat and muttered, "Hypothetically speaking."

"Okay,then."

During all of this conversing, we were sitting in the cafeteria at school. In the morning, we all didn't see each other. Well, I didn't see them. I think they were avoiding me or something because before I walked to the cafeteria, I saw them all huddled up and whispering to each other by the entrance. They looked like they were all in a heated discussion, and it mostly looked like it was pin-pointed on Jordan.

I was walking slowly up to them when I heard, "-and I probably just put it on this Band Aid this morning or yesterday at the party, but forgot."

I froze at the same time as all four of them spotted me. They all gave me small smiles before walking over to me.

They didn't bring it up since.

"Wait, did you say graffiti was stupid?" Jordan asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at him. "Well, to me, it is. First off, I never understand what it's trying to show. Is it a dog? Is it a fish? I don't know. Plus, art itself seems so...weird. And I mean, bad weird."