Chapter 50: Curiosity Kills The Cat

"Did you buy everything you needed? Because, if you didn't, we can go back in again," Bennett said, walking slowly by me. Naomi was stopping Declan from kicking Jordan in the shin after Jordan "accidentally" called him a weener.

I smiled at Bennett. "I'm fine, thanks. Plus, I kind of still owe you."

Bennett raised his eyebrows. "From?"

I frowned, looking down at my shoes. "From burning that little restaurant of yours."

For a few minutes, we both stayed silent until Bennett started chuckling. He nudged me with his elbow and gave me a small smile. "I can't believe you still remember that. It's fine, by the way. I already paid for it."

"You didn't have to do that," I argued but he shrugged it off.

"No big deal. I have too much money that I don't even need anyway," Bennett mumbled, his smile slowly fading.

I looked at him before nudging him and giving him a small smile. "Life's too short to be sad, Bennett." He gave me ghost smile in response.

As we all got into Bennett's car and arrived at his house, I was kind of skeptical about Bennett and his past. Will he always be this way towards talking about his family? So mysterious.

After I put on the dress and put on the small heels I would wear, I walked down the stairs to be greeted by Naomi and the guys.

And Bentley...

"Well, don't you look marvelous," Bentley clasped his hands together. I raised my eyebrows at him before looking at the others who were looking at me. The guys shuffled their feet from side to side while Naomi grinned widely.

Before anything happened, Bentley walked closely to me and scanned my face. I looked around the room as he kept looking at me. I started to feel my cheeks heat in embarrassment.

Finally, giving in, I asked, "What?"

"You're not wearing not one bit of make up," he said, tsking.

I blinked at him. "I never wore makeup, except blush or lipstick."

Bentley did a dramatic gasp, which made Bennett sigh in despair. I gave him a knowing look that I hoped said, Younger siblings, I know.

Bentley glared at Bennett before turning to me and shoving a bag into my hands. "Use this."

I shake the bag violently, only for it to be snatched by Bentley. "What's in it?"

"The usual make up stuff," Bentley huffed, opening it for me to view.

"I don't know how to use make up," I replied to him, kind of embarrassed. I mean, I never needed to. My parents abused me, yes, but I would hide it. 

If it was on my face, I would just put a bunch of Winnie the Pooh or Smurf band aids on it. Not only would my outfit that day be colorful, but so would my face.

Naomi walked towards me. "I'll help you with that. I have a bit of experience with make up."

"Oh," I said, "are you like a clown artist?"

Naomi furrowed her eyebrows. "No, why?"

I frowned sarcastically. "Then why does Jordan always look like that?"

Jordan, who was playing on his phone, snapped his head up to look at me. "Like what?"

I shrugged while smiling innocently. "Like a Jordan."

Declan joined in the conversation. "You've noticed that too, right?"

"Just who's side are you on?" Jordan snapped at him.