Chapter 41: Lost Boy?

School's just plain awesome. Notice the sarcasm, please.

I love how the adults in there just smile at you and pretend to know nothing about a student's life, when they really do. They can seriously be spies. I mean, they have many secrets to prove it.

Let me rewind a bit and explain all of this.

Today's Wednesday. The day where time seems to smurfin' stop itself because it can't contemplate whether it wants to act like a slow Monday or a rowdy Friday. Either way, it's smurfin' Wednesday.

You also find out stuff on Wednesday. Secrets begin to reveal yourself and you have no idea why. And then you also have no idea who spilled the secrets or if people can actually read brains. But, right now, I could care less. Because guess what?

It's smurfin' Wednesday. Did I mention that already? Whatever.

Anywho, walking into school seemed like a swell idea right? Being covered up in pajamas or sweatshirts with long pants seemed reasonable for a 100 degrees day, right?

Wrong. Don't ever do that. Who am I kidding? No one would ever do that unless they were trying to hide something. No one but me, unfortunately.

I know what you're thinking. What about make-up? Well, first off, I'm too lazy to put that one and then take it off afterwards. Second off, I don't really see the point of hiding it anymore sometimes with powder and chemicals and all that other junk. So, clothing seemed to be the best option for me.

Again, wrong. You'll go around sweating from just taking one step. No, seriously, it happens. Not to mention that you'll start to feel dizzy and light-headed but oh well. All for concealing the ugly scars underneath.

But, you know what? I'm tired of all of this. I'm tired of being scared and letting people find out about me. I'm tired of all the stares and nasty looks I get.

 And I'm tired of also talking inside my mind a lot because it's not very sane. Or is it?

I slammed my locker loudly, which got a couple of stares and stopped Jordan mid-sentence from whatever he was talking about.

"Someone's in their grumpy mood again," Jordan said, examining my facial expressions. I sucked my teeth and blew hair out of my face in response.

"What's wrong? Did you eat prunes this morning too?" He asked before holding his stomach. No wonder he kept fanning his heinie before.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Um,no..."

Jordan's tummy made a very loud and disturbing sound. "That's number 3 of the day and it's not even lunch yet," he said before running towards a nearby boys' restroom. I sighed and continued walking down the hall alone.

The rest of the gang were doing a project on some class. Well, Naomi and Declan are doing the project while Bennett buys most (cough cough, all) of the supplies, much to Naomi's distaste.

Anyway, as I was saying...

What was I saying again?

Oh, right. Long clothing in very hot days. Somehow my body got accustomed to all of this stored heat inside. You may think it's untrue, but trust me -- it's very true.

As I was walking and talking to myself (I have got to stop doing that a lot), I noticed people were gawking at me. You've been in this school for more than two months and you'd think that they would get use to your attire.

But that's not what was troubling them. I can tell by the way they sneered at me that it must be something else.

 As if on cue, Captain Asshole and his goons (A silent thank you to Declan for that nickname) walked over to me, with yours truly in the middle. I gulped and contemplated whether I should run or not, but stood my ground instead.