Chapter 36: The Fancier Way

You know in those horror movies? Like Unfriended for example.

Remember when the characters were video chatting their each other before a person just came out from nowhere?

Like how a pimple suddenly pops up in your face in the morning?

Or how your friends, or your ex-friends, suddenly tell you that they knew a secret about you yet you didn't even know that they knew it?

Yeah, I have that kind of life too.

As I stared at Declan and Naomi, my mind ran for something back to say. Yet, my mind suddenly wants to go beddy bye and to stay quiet.

Well, that's new.

"Declan, you shouldn't have told her," Naomi suggested. Declan turned to look at her with a stare.

"She wants to know everything, right? I'm telling her," Declan stated blankly.

Jordan walked up to him. "You can't be serious."

Declan glared at him. "What if I am?"

Bennett interject. "You can't just declare you're going to spill all of our secrets. You didn't even tell us."

"Declan, it didn't go so well with me when you guys told me. There were some good parts and bad. It might be mostly bad for her," Naomi tried to reason with him.

As they all started to argue with each other, or rather with Declan, I took this opportunity to act fast. I slowly looked down at Declan's hands, but saw no ring in sight. If it wasn't on his hand, then there was it?

I was about to turn away before I noticed something. One of Declan's fingers seemed lighter than the others. Now, I know sometimes that some parts of your body can look lighter or darker than the other. But, it didn't really seem that way with Declan. It seemed as if he used some kind of...substance.

Like a coverup. Like makeup.

As my mind raced with sudden thoughts, I realized something. I thought the name 'Musketeers' were just some nickname that they used with each other. I thought that it was just a playful way of saying that Naomi and the guys were always loyal and free with each other.

But what if it wasn't just a nickname? Maybe it was a code name?

An encrypt?

A name for a group? Or maybe it wasn't a group...maybe it was-

Have you ever had those flashbacks like they do in those really good sci-fi or romance movies? Like when the character finally remembers the truth and saves the day?

Well, I just did. This is becoming too dramatic for my life.

I snapped my fingers, interrupting their whole argument. The boys and Naomi looked at me blankly while I stared at them.

"You're all in a gang," I stated blankly. They all stared at me weirdly but guiltily.

Declan was the first to break the silence. "Psh, what are you talking about?"

"Did you eat those bad tacos at lunch today? I heard they make you lose a few brain cells," Jordan said nervously, scratching his head.

The guys turned to Bennett, who just shrugged to them in response. "I'm too young to die?" Bennett stated with a poker face.

I turned to Naomi, completely pissed off. "Are you gonna pretend that what I just said isn't true too?"

Naomi looked at me through her glasses. And when I say look at me, I mean full-on staring-into-my-soul stare. I've never noticed this but Naomi's eyes are pretty; full of every emotion that there is in the world. Maybe she's been, or has been, going through the things no other human being has gone through.