Chapter 53: Tuna Salad with Salad

Exactly one week had passed since Alex has been from a coma. He hasn't woken up once, which was worried me to the peak that I am now starting to pull out my hair. Literally. Each time I take a long strand to twirl around my hair, I feel the pain. That pain lets me think of the pain I feel inside, which leads to thinking of Alex, which leads to having memories with him, which leads to-

Snap!

I looked at the long strand of brown hair that snapped and sigh. Lucky strand number 10 has fallen. 

I take a look around the empty classroom as I sat here to eat my lunch. It's surprising how many teachers here leave their door open, but we don't know about it. I am currently sitting in one of the freshmen classes after I asked one of their teachers if I could eat here. The teacher reluctantly said okay after giving me an odd look.

I looked down at the cafeteria lunch. Tuna salad with a side of...

Wait for it...

Almost there...

Salad!

Perfect combination if you ask me. If you don't like tuna, but like salad, now you have the salad without the tuna. Because the tuna without the salad is the salad without the tuna. And the salad without the tuna is-

Snap!

At least that hair got snapped from getting aggravated with the tuna salad.

I was about to take another bite of my tuna salad when someone entered the room. I glared at the person since they fully know they are the last person I wanted to see at the moment.

"What do you want, Raymond?" I snapped.

Raymond sighed. "I didn't see you at the cafeteria today. Just wanted to see where you were and..."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "And what?"

"And was wondering if you needed some company?" Raymond asked.

I scoffed. "Are you for real right now?"

He nervously scratched the back od his neck. "I guess..."

I closed my eyes and sighed in despair. "Just get out, Raymond."

Raymond tried to plead. "Gab, please-"

I snapped my eyes open. "It's Gabi to you. Now advise you to move those legs of yours through that open door or I will make sure you won't have legs after today."

I never saw a human being walk faster through a door than Raymond did. Not after he slammed into the wall by accident of course.

I looked down at my salad and was about to take another bite of it when another person came through the door.

Can a girl eat her tuna in peace? Even if it does not even taste the slightest bit like tuna?

"Raymond, I swear to the smurfs-"

"It's not him. Though I am fairly surprised that you did not kick him in his male anatomy yet."

I snapped my head up to look face to face with Naomi. She made a beeline to the chair in front of me and popped herself on it.She looked down at my lunch before she put a questioning look on her face.

"Tuna salad with salad? What kind of logic..." she muttered to herself.

I let go of my slight anger for her for a moment. "I know right. Like what the smurf were they thinking?"

"That one salad wasn't enough obivously," she said sarcastically. We both lightly chuckled before it got deadly quiet.

"Look, Gabi..."Naomi tried to start but I cut her off.

"Please don't, Naomi. All I want to know is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth right now."

She pursed her lips. "I know I can't imagine what you're going through but-"

"That's the thing, Naomi. You can imagine it. Imagine losing the guys, knowing that the memories you had with them were those last moments and you can't do anything to stop it. How would you feel?"

Naomi looked down for a moment then back up at me with glossy eyes. "I can't imagine ever losing them. They're my world. They're so protective, supportive, lovable...They're idiots. But they're my idiots. Losing them would be like losing a part of myself that I can never regain."

I sat upright, nodding to her in understanding. "Now you see how I feel. And now you see that I would do anything, and I mean anything, to find out who put Alex in that coma."

Naomi squinted her eyes at me through her glasses. "But Gabi. What would you...what would you do when you find that one piece of information out?"

I leaned back in my chair and glared. "We'll just have to find out, won't we?"

_________________________________________

Can you see this, see this, see this, see this...

Genius, genius, genius, genius?!?!?!?!

Fun fact: Do you know that it's better to drink your pee than salt water?

So whenever you're stuck in any ocean that is filled with salt water...

Drink your pee pee juice! :)

Smurfs, Hugs, and Loves

Stevie <3