Chapter 44: Long Lost And Now Found

"Look's like we have a murderer in our high school," someone said from the crowd as I walked through the hallway with Naomi. Naomi was about to say something equally as sarcastic, but I gave her a look not to.

I gave her a small,sad smile. "I'm used to it."

Naomi frowned back at me. "I'm used to bullying, but that doesn't mean I let comments like that slide."

"Then what do you say after they comment?" I asked, amused.

Naomi's frown deepen as she tried to remember a memory. "Well, if they punch me in the gut, I tell them to be a man and punch me in the face."

I raised my eyebrows. "Wouldn't it be the other way around?"

Before Naomi could answer, another voice answered for her. "Wouldn't what be the other way?"

Naomi and I stopped our tracks before slowly walking backwards. We both gave each other side glaces before slowly, yet dramatically turning around.

Face to face to Naomi and I were the guys. I let go of my breath that I didn't realize I was holding. I glanced at Naomi, who seemed to have a pissed off expression.

"Where were you guys?" Naomi asked, kind of angrily. The guys looked at her before simultaneously taking a large step back before smiling sheepishly. Even Bennett's Adam's Bottom went up a bit.

"You know...guy stuff,"Jordan says, with a look I don't recognize. I furrowed my eyes at him,then looked at the others for some kind of explanation.

"Really?" Naomi said sarcastically, crossing her arms. "Guy stuff?"

"It was nothing, Naomi," Declan tried to assure her, but she shook her head and glared at them all.

"So you guys leave, without any warnings, for two weeks straight and expect it to be nothing?" Naomi huffed.

I nodded in agreement before crossing my arms as well. "Guys, you can tell us the truth. We promise not to get pissed off, right Naomi?" I looked at her expectantly. Naomi glanced at her before sighing in defeat and nodding.

"I don't think pissed off will be your reaction," Bennett warns us one last time. Naomi and I looked at the guys, waiting for an explanation.

It was Declan who said something. He looked straight into my eyes before stating words I have never expected to her ever in my life.

"We found your sister, Gabi. We found Mira."

___________________________________________

I stabbed my french fries with a fork as I recall the words Declan said to me five classes ago.

"...We've found.."

...your sister..."

"Sister..."

"Mira..."

"MIRA..."

The guys and Naomi were starring at me with expressions I could not understand, not that I would want to. I'm too busy recalling the memories of the last time I saw her, and even when I try to recall those memories, I can't remember her face.

I looked at Declan and asked, "What does she look like?"

Declan shrugged and nudged Bennett, which made Bennett spill his soda. Bennett gave Declan a look before locking eyes with me. He scanned my face before answering, "She looks a bit like you. But older and with a pants suit."

I gawked at him. "A pants suit? Why?"

Bennett was silent for a moment before answering. "She works at my dad's company."