Chapter 43.6: But Will You Leave?

Okay, I've got a few problems here.

First off, I can't open my eyes. No, seriously, I can't even open them. It's weird how that plays out; I'm too weak to even move my own eyelids.

Second off, I keep hearing a beeping sound. That's the confusing part. Why haven't Dessy or Alex woken me up to get ready for school?

And finally, my bed feels weird. So does my attire. Truth be told, I always wear clothes when I sleep, but I feel as if I'm only wearing some kind of dress that makes my butt feel cold.

I try to move my arm to turn off the smurfin' alarm clock, but fail miserably. Even if I try to move an inch, I feel pain surge through everywhere in my body.

I open my lips slowly to give out a cry for help, but my throat is too parched to do anything. It's then I realized that I can't do anything. Nothing at all.

What happened to me?

I'm scared, confused, and in pain from just trying to move my arm. I can feel tiny drops of tears rolling down my cheeks, but I don't remember letting them spill.

I open my lips again and managed to say a few words, "Someone...pl-please. H-help me."

After a few seconds later, someone came to my aid. I felt the person first make the bed straighten up, so that I was sitting. Now my confusion is off the bar.

Where am I?

The next thing I know, I felt someone put something against my lips. At first, I was hesitant, but then I felt the cold liquid hit my lips and I opened my mouth gradually.

Finally, I thought. Water.

After getting the drink, I finally had the strength to open my eyes, but quickly shut them because of something bright. Why are the walls white? I thought my dad painted my room orange by now.

Another thought came to me. Have I been kidnapped?

I couldn't have been kidnapped. The last place I was...was...

I don't remember.

Why don't I remember?

Why can't I remember?

This time I felt tears threatening to spill and I let them. 

Where am I?

What happened to me that I can't move a thing?

Before I can start crying more tears, I felt someone's hand brushing away from tears. Again, I opened my eyes, to see myself face to face with Alex. He stared at me with disheveled hair. His lips looked pale for some odd reason. But what got me was his eyes. His eyes were puffy and had bags under them. It looked like he's been trying to sleep soundly, but gave up and cried instead.

I opened my mouth to say his name, but he put his finger in my mouth to silence me. He shook his head and said, "You shouldn't speak now. It'll be more painful for you."

I sniffed back my tears, but they still managed to run down my cheeks again. "Alex," I croaked, "What happened to me?"

He didn't say anything, just sat on the edge of my bed and and wiped away my tears. I wanted to ask so many questions, but my throat still hurt and my brain wouldn't let me think straight anymore.

I started to feel myself drift into slumber again, but fought to keep my eyelids wide open. Alex noticed them getting heavy and said, "You should sleep."

I managed to shake my head a bit, ignoring the slight pain. "I don't want to. What if I never wake up? What if I never see you again? What if I..."