Chapter 5: Fix Things

Dipper's POV

Our conversation ended a few minutes later, since there was not much to talk about. We said our goodbyes, she went forward and I stayed.

My thought fell upon our memories back together. It felt like ages when we met. Like we've known each other for decades.

Will I tell her what really happened?

I shook my head and scolded myself. Of course I shouldn't tell her. I don't want her to be in that situation, again. It was all my fault. I shouldn't have invited her in our mystery hunt. She could've just stayed at her home and still remember all the great time we had. I hate myself.

Before the sun set, I went back to the Shack and went straight to our room. I just layed down there, starting at the ceiling. I've been lying there for what seems like eternity. Just staring there, thinking of her and the incident.

> > > >

It had been days since that talk on the forest with her. I didn't bother to come out of our room. I would only did meals and for using the bathroom. Stan had been slightly worried about me, I guess? And that sounds very rare.

A knock echoes in the room, "Dipper?" A voice says softly. "Me and the gang are going out for an adventure, and we are wondering if you could come join us. It would be really fun if you would." Mabel says on the other side, clearly hoping that I would join them.

"I'll think about it, Mabel." I say flatly as my eyes are still fixed at the ceiling.

"Umm, okay." She replies, disappointment present in her tone. "We'll be outside waiting. Just let us know." She says lastly and I hear footsteps descend from the door.

'This is gonna be a tough summer for me.' I thought to myself, yet I think of the gang being worried about me so much and I realized something. Depression or whatever you call what I'm doing right now won't help in any way. I must learn how to move on. 

I shook my head and sat up from bed. "Be a man, Dipper. Face whatever problem you have and fix it."

Mabel's POV

I went downstairs slowly, taking all in to what just happened. I let out a deep sigh and sit at the last step. I hear footsteps come near me, and a person sit beside me- Wendy.

"So, what he'd say?" She asks me as she frowns a little. Since she already know regarding my facial expression right now.

"He said he'll think about it." I say as I settle my chin on the palm of my hand. "He's way too depressed to go out." I mutter, but Wendy hears.

"Don't worry, Mabel." She says, "Everything will be back to the way it used to." She nods to me and pats my shoulder.

"I hope so," I smile a little, showing appreciation for cheering me up.

A few silent moments, I hear the door from above open and footsteps marching down.

I look up to see Dipper, putting on a smile. "Hey Guys," His voice cracks, a memory flashes on my mind of us recording his voice everything it cracks and somehow we made a remix of us. Good Times.

My face lit up and a smile spreads across my face. "Dipper," 

"So, that mystery hunt you were talking about earlier?" He smiles sheepishly and fixes his vest. 

I look at Wendy and she smiles back at me. This is gonna be a good start.

______________________________________

Hello Lovelies, 

Sorry for my very slow updates- school has been tormenting me in any way possible and I somehow can't find time for me to update. I have good news though, I thought of something very interesting that I'm planning to put in the book- which will happen a few chapters after.

have you also noticed also, how my book is getting so cynical for the past few days? I'm very so sorry for that. I've been feeling down a lot lately and I think it affected my book a lot, seriously. I'm feeling good now so no worries. This book will be back to it's jolly self and a lot of events will happen and more romance, mystery and action will happen. 

So stay tune :)

~Agent Trigger