Chapter 21: Caught

Dipper's POV

I looked in his closets, while beads of sweat rolling down my face, and my jaw clenching because of the ache it was causing me by holding the flashlight with it. I rummaged through his drawers and went under his closet. The chalice must be here somewhere.

Then something shines in the corner which makes me blink fast. At first I was unable to move because of the shock that was travelling all over my body. But as soon as it hits me, I immediately pushed all of his hanged clothes away and grab the Chalice. "I was right." I whisper as adrenaline rushes throughout my body. "Cameron stole the Chalice."

I let out a sigh of relief, "I can't wait to report this Jack Crawford." I can't help but smile with the little accomplishment that I made. I freaking solved the case!

But everything crashes and goes to a downhill. Literally.

The window glass breaks and SWAT officers come along swinging in. Then before I could even blink and process what was really happening- I was already surrounded by a team with guns pointed at me. "Put your hands in the air, Pines!" A very low voice shouts, then I notice all the red dots that was covering my body.

But before I say anything else. I want you to know how I suspected Cameron as the thief.

> > > >

"So, this thief," Cameron started as he sat beside Pacifica. "Got any clues to who he is?"

"Not at the moment though, but I soon will put something good in the table." I said as I pondered at the idea. "How about the DNA tests, what did Jack say?"

"Nothing yet," Pacifica let out a sigh then her eyes wandered at mine, "And I don't want to know."

"Why not?" Cameron nudged her shoulder, letting a smile tug his lips, "We'll finally find out who did all of this."

She remained silent, which worried greatly. "Are you okay, Paz?" I asked as I leaned a little on the table. "Is everything fine?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, nothing's fine." She shrugged then turned away from us. She stood from the table and let herself out of the room.

"Hmm, oh well." Cameron said, "I guess we'll take matters in our own hands now." He shrugged then crosses his arms.

"I guess so?" I said, unsure of what really to say to his statement.

"How about this," He said, as I leaned on the table more, getting intrigued to where this is going. "I ask you, you ask me."

"About what?"

"All the things that we did on the day of the incident, of course. What else?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes like I'm the dumbest person to have ever lived. "Don't play dumb Dipper. We both know we suspect each other into stealing the chalice. Let's just get this over with."

"Fine," I replied, "You go first."

"Whatever you say, Pines." He grinned, "Where were you that night when the incident happened?" He settled his hands on his chin.

"I was at the shack, deciphering the Journal. What else do you think I do?" I snapped at him,

"So you were awake?"

"How do you think am I suppose to decipher codes when I'm asleep, you idiot." I laughed at his ignorance.

"Shut up, you know what I mean." His eyes narrow at me.

"No, I actually don't understand the language of stupid." I said, venom lacing my words. "Okay, you got answers, now it's time to get mine." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Go ahead," He leans back on his chair, looking like he's not to give a care in the world to what I'm about to say.

"Same question; where were you that night when the incident happened?"

"Can you at least be a little creative, Pines?" He rolled his eyes, "The questions keep on repeating, it's getting annoying.

"I actually can't be more creative anymore." I replied, "So why don't you just stop whining and answer the damn question; where were you that night when the incident happened?" I repeated.

"I was somewhere." He sighed then smiled, "Somewhere no one would ever expect me to go."

"Do you think I would've suspected you to go there anyways?" I asked, my patience burning out.

"Maybe," He shrugged, "But a mind like yours, I would've thought otherwise."

"And what were you specifically doing in that place in the middle of the night?" I pressed, trapping him in his own game.

"Something no one else would expect me to do either," He shrugged then let out a sickening smile.

"Cut the nonsense, Cameron." My voice getting high, "You were at the Northwest Mansion, and you freaking stole the chalice. But why?"

"What? Me?" He faked gasp, "I would never do such a thing." He would've fooled me with his acting, it's a good thing I'm idiot proof.

"You stole it."

"No," He pretends to act innocent but a second later he shows visible signs that he was lying.

I stayed silent, unsure of what really to say next.

He got up and sling his bag over his shoulders, "Well, I guess I'll be on my way now. I have some errands to run around town."

'He's not gonna be home for another few minutes.' Dipper thought, A perfect time for him to prove his suspicions.

> > > >

But of course- not everything that Dipper wanted to happen came true.

He was very screwed this time. He was in Cameron's house, with the Chalice in his hands and the SWAT team surrounding him.

This could only mean one thing- people thought he was gonna frame Cameron by putting the chalice into his closet.

_____________________________

Heyy guys! How are you all? I hope you guys are doing great!

Another update!!

Well, tell me all your thoughts in the comment section below! And ask if you got lost in the story, I would be there for you!

Lots of Love,
Agent Trigger