Chapter 18: Suspicions

Pacifica's POV

"Sir Jack Crawford, anything yet?" Mother exclaims as she sits on the couch, "We still have no clue to who is this person is?" 

"Don't worry ma'am, our forensics team is working on the piece of hair that was left at the scene." He replies, "We won't let this culprit get away." He reassures, 

"You better not." Dad mumbles under his breath as he takes a sip from his wine.

I wasn't really entirely sure of what to feel right now. My head was all messed up. 

It couldn't be him right? It was just a coincidence that he did not fell asleep on the night we got robbed. Not Dipper, he was my friend. He was being his dorky self. Decoding and deciphering codes as usual. Nothing strange or different from that at all.

But what if my trust for someone else is too much?

No, it can't be him. 

> > > > 

"Got anything from jack Crawford?" Dipper asks as we both sat in our chairs- both in opposite directions. 

"Nothing," I reply, "But I'm sure he'll get find out something. He's a really good detective." I smile, 

"That's good," He nods and smiles back. We had this brief eye contact before looking away with flushed cheeks.

"So, what are we on again?" I ask, trying to dismiss whatever had just happened. 

"Oh," He snaps out of his trance, "The case, of course the case." 

"We're actually here to think about what's inside his mind and why would he need a chalice to summon an unnamed." He adds as he starts to chew on his pen. 

"Right, good idea." I ponder as I shift from my seat. "Who would he summon? Maybe someone he knew before?" I lift my eyebrow at him.

"What if someone he loved?" He says slowly,

"What?"

"What if he lost someone that he loved and he wants her back?" He stands up from his chair and paces around the room, "Hmm, could be a bug factor to why he stole the chalice." He grabs his pen and notebook and starts to scribble down notes.

"You're writing it down?" I ask,

"Of course," He nods, "So we won't loose track." 

I stand up from my chair and follow him, I hid my hands behind my back because they were evidently shaking and I don't want to see them. 

"Can I see?"

> > > >

"I just don't think he would do such a thing, Cam." I shrug, "It's very unlikely of him." 

"Are you sure about that?" He says, a hint of annoyance present in his tone. 

"Of course, he's Dipper Pines." I try to smile, "He solves mysteries not make one." 

"And do you trust him of not doing mysteries?" He pushes, 

"He's my friend, Cam. Of course, I trust him." I roll my eyes and try to shake the unexplainable feeling that I got in my system as soon as the words came out. "He's a good friend of mine." 

"And for how long have you known him?" 

The question had me in total blank. I had no idea how to answer that. There was a silent pause, "I honestly don't know." There was always this missing link between Dipper and I. Even if it was non-existent, I know there was. 

"And do you trust your family's life in his hands?"

"This is getting stupid, Cameron." 

"Pacifica," He starts, "Don't you see it?" His tone was already high.

"What?"

"He did not sleep at the night you got robbed," He pointed out, "And same handwriting?" 

"We still don't know if it's him!" I fought back, "It isn't just him who was awake all night during that time. He isn't the only one who has the same handwriting in the world."

"Oh come on, Pacifica." He sighs, "I know you know that it's him. You just care too much about him to see it!" 

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"You knew you had it coming, Pacifica." He shouts, "Now, you just have to face it." He walks awa and slams the door close.

What if Cameron was right? 

What if I just care too much?

________________________

Hey guys! How are you? Yep, definitely having a writing marathon here! 

So, who do you think who stole the chalice? Leave your answers in the comment section below!

Next chapter is coming up! Stay tuned :)

Lots of Love,

Agent Trigger