Chapter 23: Feelings

//I would recommend you to listen to 'Another Love' by Tom Odell, but if it doesn't work for you- never mind! It was just a song that I listened to the whole entire time while writing this chapter. and I was just hoping you would be in the same vibe as mine!//

//AND THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY RANKED #535! YESTERDAY IT WAS #635?? bUT hOW? THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!//

Pacifica's POV

I walk the hallways with a heavy heart. It seemed like my body was melting on the floor with every step I take. Maybe it was a way that my mind was telling me to change my mind of talking to him.

But I have to.

I want to know.

And I have accept it, no matter what it is.

I have been dreading this day for a week. I wanted to talk to him.

As I reach the door of the interrogation room, a tall man guards it. I look at Jack, who later nods at him and opens the door. Leading me into my misery.

I stop at the doorway and look at the young man who looks very tired. His hair was messy, dark bags under his lifeless eyes, and the pale color of his skin. The only thing that indicates that he was still alive was the rise and fall of his chest.

He looks at me with dreaded eyes and my heart stops.

I look away and walk towards the table. I take a seat and fumble with my fingers. I could hear his heavy breaths in the room, and it was oddly calming. "Hi," He finally speaks, his voice, of course, cracking.

"Hello, Dip." I reply as I stop the urge to cry. I still haven't brought my eyes to his. I'm afraid that if I look, I won't be able to look away.

"It's been such a long time since we last talked." He chuckles, but the sadness in his tone was very obvious which makes my heart drop.

"It has just been a week, silly." Eyes still on the roof.

"Well, it feels like forever for me anyways." He smiles sadly. His smile used to be my source of happiness. But now it was a factory of depression for me.

"Pacifica," He starts, "Why can't you look at me?" He asks, hurt present in his tone.

I remained silent, not wanting him to know the real reason why.

He reaches for my hands and engulfs them with his. "Pacifica," He starts again, "Please. . ." He trails off. The warmth of his hands welcome me home. It may be considered more than home. He means so much to me, that I don't know if I could ever let go.

I close my eyes for a brief second before looking at his finally.

His eyes were so lifeless.

His eyes were so tired.

Yet his eyes meant everything to me.

"If I look, your eyes would be an alibi to me to why you didn't steal the chalice." I admit, a tear rolling freely down my cheek.

"But I never stole the chalice," He says for the millionth time. The words were so close to being a part of a prayer that you couldn't just forget the way it sounded and how it was said. Like you heard it on a daily basis.

"Why of all people would you frame Cameron?" I ask as I let out a frustrated sigh, my voice cracking.

"Why would I frame him if he's actually the one who did it?" He replies and sighs. He was not mad. His eyes tells me that he was already tired of being mad. He probably snapped at every person in this facility for the past few days.

"And who do you want to save so badly that it had to ruin everyone?" I practically screamed, "Who is she? The person whom you sacrificed everything you had?" Now, it was so obvious that I was being jealous of this girl.

He stayed silent for a few brief moments. I prayed that he wouldn't be silent that long or else Jack would think of otherwise. I know that he is listening to our conversation. It would be a joke if not.

"Pacifica, I didn't steal the chalice," He says agains, "Trust me for once." He pleads,

"I did, Dipper." I say, "Why did you leave this all to waste?" I ask him, desperation present in my tone.

"Pacifica. . ." He trails off as he holds my hand tighter again, seemingly not wanting to let go of me ever. "Please, listen to me."

"I have been, okay?" My tone rising, "Why would you lie to me, Dipper?" I look at him sadly, now tears rolling down my cheeks without any pauses.

"I would never lie to you." He leans at the table, "Pacifica, you mean so much to me. I would never betray you."

"But you just did!" My voice finally cracking. I take my hands away from him and bury my face with it. Now sobbing.

"Pacifica, please don't cry. . ." Guilt present in his tone, he attempts to reach for me but I move away.

"No Dipper, I loved you okay?" I whispered, my words fading into thin air. I look at him and his eyes widen with my sudden outburst. "I've always loved you."

He looks at me intently, tears on the verge of his eyes.

"But it seemed like, you didn't care. You lied to me." I say, "My love apparently failed to save you from all of this." I look back at his eyes, and I seemed to drown in them at the second I landed on them.

I stand up from my chair, "Pacifica, wait-" He stops me, but I cut him off.

"I'm sorry, Dipper." I look away and leave the room.

__________________________________________

OKAY. WHAT DID I JUST WRITE? YEP. IT WAS TRASH. IM SORRY.

And yes another update for you lovelies :)

Thank you so much for the votes and comments you beautiful human beings! This book is currently ranked #535! I MEAN hOW? WHAT DID I DO? THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL!

Tell me what you think about his chapter guys? Well, tell me your thoughts in the comment section below and don't forget to vote! It would really mean a lot if you would!

Lots of Love,

Agent Trigger