Chapter 13: Wise Words

Pacifica's POV

We all went to our house after our little chat in the park. I just couldn't get over with the fact that I finally met my childhood friend for what seemed like forever. Mabel, Grenda and Candy became friends with him and Anton easily. Like they took a friendship potion or something.

"Paz, earth to Paz?" A voice hollers as I snap out of my trance.

"Um," I blink, it was Cameron. "Yes, I'm good." I smile at him and he does the same.

"So, what do you think?" Mabel asks, a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Excuse me?" I furrow my eyebrows at her, in complete confusion. I pick up the glass of water on the coffee table and take a sip.

"About going into the carnival?" She says, like its the most obvious thing in the world.

"When?" I ask her, I put the glass down, but it unluckily falls down. They all look at me silently. "It's okay. Someone is gonna pick it all up." I say it in somewhat a monotone with a shrug.

"Okay. . ." Mabel trails off. "So, as I was saying- we're going next week, and were wondering if you would like to come?" She puts on a hopeful smile.

"Sure! Sounds fun." I smile at all of them.

> > > >

Dipper's POV

"Thanks for inviting me, Dipper." Candy smiles as we hop over a log.

"Um well," I scratch my head in confusion and embarrassment. "Technically, you came with me. So. . ." I trail off and let out a nervous laugh.

She laughs obnoxiously, "You're so funny, Dipper!" She continues, "Stop it." She says in between uncomfortable laughs and punches me in my arm, well playful in her thoughts.

"What? Did I say something funny?" I mutter in confusion. Then eventually let out an awkward laugh. But she won't stop laughing.

"Okay then. . ." I let out a sigh, regret slowly taking over me when I let Candy come along with me. 'Why is this happening?' I thought.

"What did you say?" She stops and looks at me intently.

Did I just say it out loud? "I mean- oh look a pine tree!" I point to a tree.

"Dipper, it's Mahogany."

"Yes, I know." I say in a very fast speed. " I meant that one." I point out to another random tree.

"Still not a pine tree, Dipper."

"Oh goodie, soil." I grab a handful of dirt.

> > > >

Grenda's POV

"Grenda, this date thing with Dipper isn't working for me." Candy sighs as she slumps on the couch. "I don't think he likes me, I don't even know if we went on a date earlier!" She says frustratedly.

"Just give it time, Candy." I say, and rub circles in her back- like what people do when they comfort. "He'll eventually like you back. Don't go crazy about it then. Psycho chicks don't always get the boy that they like." I shiver at the thought.

"And how would you know about that?" She sniffs.

"Hello? In every freaking movie?" I shook my head.

"Oh,"

"Just don't expect too much Candy, okay? Some people expect too much, that when time comes when they face the truth, they can't handle it."

______________________
SO YES, I FINALLY UPDATED IN 268326714 YEARS!!

AND YES, WISE WORDS FROM GRENDA.

AND SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. YUP, IM EVIL.

So, this was kinda short and I'll be updating the day after. It's Christmas break after all :)

Well, I hope you liked this Chapter! Please tell me your thoughts about it on the comment section below :)

Lots of Love,
Agent Trigger