Chapter 25: Wendy's Encounter

Wendy's POV

I am currently on cashier duty, the day has been incredibly slow and it's driving me nuts, my phone has been buzzing non-stop and I couldn't think straight while giving the customers' changes. I take a short glance at my phone and see Robbie's name blinking on the screen. I let out a small sigh and slide my phone through my back pocket.

I hand the panther shirt to Deputy Durland and a giggle escapes from his mouth as he heads out the store, leaving me all alone with my annoying buzzing phone. I slam the magazine on the counter and answer the phone.

"What do you want Robbie? I told you to stop calling me!" I spoke louder than I intend to which made a blush creep through my cheeks. A muffled voice blares through the speaker, undecipherable words. "Well?"

"Wendy, I need you to hear me out." He starts, "Tambry was just a distraction, I promise. I still love you. I always have." He softly cries but later turned into a gross sobbing.

"How could you say that? Tambry's my friend!" I shout in disbelief, "Telling me that she's a distraction makes things worse you douche bag!"

"You gotta take me ba-" I hear a crashing noise upstairs which made me jolt up from my chair.

"Shut up." I whisper through the phone. And I look through the living for unwanted presences.

Stan and Soos was in the police station, trying to bail out Dipper, and Mabel was with Candy and Grenda doing whatever. Which leaves me all alone in the shack with a stranger upstairs.

"Wendy, please give me a cha-." I cut him off again,

"I said be quiet, I think I just heard a noise." I whispered as I approach the baseball bat and start to make my way to the stairs.

"What do you mean noise?" He panics but I ignore him,
"Wendy, talk to me!"

"I can't right now, I'm about to approach the room." I say as I walk slowly, careful not to make any creaks.

"What do you mean approaching it? You gotta turn back now!" He shouts as I distance myself from my phone. "You do know nothing ever good happens to people who do that! Remember that last horror we watched? Yes, it ended bloody! So you gotta run and call the police."

I roll my eyes and let out a heavy sigh, "Can you please shut up for one minute? It's probably just a squirrel or some-" Then a crash echoes throughout the hallway again, but this time louder, which clouded my mind with thousands of scenarios on how could this end badly.

I heard glasses shatter from the room and footsteps moving around. My breathing becomes heavy as Robbie's voice from the background blurs. My stomach starts to tie into countless of knots and my hearing starts to fade away in every step I take.

"What was that?" He panics as he heard the crashes, "Wendy, listen to me. I'm calling the cops . Stay away from the noise, you get me?" I could tell that he was so nervous, his voice was shaking and the volume of his voice was very, very loud- which means he was holding his phone so close to his mouth. "Stay away from the room, Wendy."

"O-okay," I reply, mustering up all the voice that was left in me, and start to step backwards slowly, planning to break into a sprint as soon as I'm far enough.

Unfortunately, as I was back stepping the whole thing, I stepped into a creak, which made the footsteps in the room halt. I bit my lip, hoping that he would just think that it was nothing, that he would shrug it off and just continue whatever the heck he was doing.

Since then, I didn't hear any footsteps, which made me break into a sprint. In that time I felt my legs were as heavy as rocks, like I was just dragging myself into safety.

I made a sharp turn to the left and ran straight to the stairs, but before I could even land on the first step, I trip over a small dent on the old wooden plank which makes me fall over the stairs.

My last vision included; the ceiling of the old shack, a pool of blood surrounding my body, and lastly an unfamiliar person dragging me out of the scene.

Robbie's POV

The shack was surrounded by police cars, including the FBI's, there were these two tall men in clean-cut suits, they asked unusual questions.

"My name's Agent Sam Winchester," The taller one greeted while showing off his badge, "And this is my partner- Dean Winchester, no relation just brothers."

"I wasn't even thinking it in that way." I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he gives me a weird smile.

"Of course you don't." Dean chimes in and tugs a small smirk on his lips.

"So yeah, you're the one who cold the cops, right?" Sam asks while he takes out his notepad.
I nodded, "You're Robbie Valentino, I assume."

"Got everything right so far," I replied as I look into his brother who was giving me suspicious looks,

"And you're the victim's ex," Dean finally speaks, and I nodded curtly.

"Not to interfere with such personal matters"

"Oh you are."

"but why did you guys ended it?" Sam asks as he digs his hands into his pockets.

"Well there was this kid who assumed I was using voodoo or some spell for Wendy to love me," I shrugged, "Then she somehow believed it all,"

"Was it all not true?" He asks,

"What?" I exclaim in disbelief, "Of course not! I don't believe in those kind of stuff, but that kid sure is nuts for bringing that theory up- for believing the supernatural beings that lurk in this town." I roll my eyes as I raise my hoodie.

The two look at each other before Sam says; "And this kid you are referring to; what's his name?"

"Dipper." I say in disgust, "Dipper Pines."

I glance at the brothers and see their eyes wide open.

"We know him."

_____________________

Okay, I'm doing a spree tonight!! I miss you guy and writing so much!

Lots of Love,

Agent Trigger