Chapter 20: DNA

Pacifica's POV

I sat at the edge of my seat, my hands tucked on top of my lap. The whole room was very silent, you literally hear a pin drop. I'm not even kidding- but then again, who the heck would even try to drop a pin in a silent room? 

A man sat at the opposite side of the table. His face was strong, he was in complete focus. He looked like he could take down a prey in seconds and leave without a scratch. In the span of time that we were in room, I swear I only saw him blink twice, which was scaring me slightly. Heck, I mean a lot!

I sat there in complete silence, but my patience was running out. My hands started to clench in the dimly lit room. Countless thoughts running in my mind, the silence pulling me into the depths of the unknown. I am silently turning myself insane slowly.

"I think we both know why you're here, Ms. Northwest." His voice was low, he shifted from his chair and crossed his arms. I can tell that his analyzing me. I bet he's trying to figure out what's in my mind. 

I hope he can tell that I want to punch him square in the face. That's probably the only thing that excites me at this very moment. 

But despite all the words building up in my mouth, I stayed silent. 

"Well?" He cocks his eyebrow and looked at me intently.

"What do you want, Jack?" I asked him harshly. "If the DNA belongs to Dipper then what are you still doing here?" I lean against the table as I let out a frustrated smile. 

"If you think that we brought you here to mock you, Ms. Northwest, you are very mistaken."

"Then what is it that you want then?" I demanded, my voice finally cracking.

He smiles then nods, "We need your final confirmation, Ms. Northwest." He says, "Well, fairly speaking you are the final confirmation."

"Seriously? A thirteen year-old girl?" I roll my eyes,

"May be hard to believe, but yes. You are the final confirmation for this case." 

"But isn't the DNA results what you all need to prove that it was Dipper that stole the chalice?" I didn't care if he was the most respected person in the department. He was definitely mocking me for protecting Dipper and for thinking that he was innocent. What kind of police are they even? "Isn't that already enough for you, Jack?" 

"You talked to him after the incident."

"So? It was his damn hair that was on the crime scene!"

"What was he like?" He pressed, completely ignoring me. "What did he look like? What was his reaction when he saw you in the morning?"

"The information that I have still doesn't beat the DNA results that you have in your hands." 

"Tell me, Ms. Northwest." He says, "I want Intel from a different point of view other than the department and the DNA results. We just wanna clear things up." He continues,

"Does it matter?" 

"Very," He simply replies and leans back on his chair.

I stayed silent again. 

Why wasn't I speaking? Why wasn't I helping Jack and the whole department even though we already know that Dipper did it?

Am I still convinced that Dipper is innocent despite all the evidences we have in our hands?

Could love really make you that blind?

Do I even love Dipper Pines?

"Ms. Northwest," He says, my nose perks up and I stare back at him. "You do know that this stolen multi-millionaire item belongs to your family, right?" 

"Yes," I nod.

"Then why aren't you cooperating to catching this thief?" He pushes, his voice almost raising up.

"Dipper isn't a thief, Jack." The words slur out of my mouth unconsciously. "Him stealing the chalice doesn't even add up to anything. It doesn't even make any sense!" I sigh.

"The help us solve the puzzle." He says, "Help us give sense to this case."

Silence biting me again. 

"Ms. Northwest," He starts again, "Are you willing to give up your trust and loyalty of your parents to a person you barely even know of?" 

I bit my lip and looked up the ceiling. It was true, I even barely know Dipper to trust him not to steal the chalice.

He stands up from his chair and grabs his folder. "Thank you for your time, Ms. Northwest." He nods then heads for the door.

"He was tired." I speak up, my heart beat a thousand times faster than before. But it somehow felt relieving. 

Jack looks at my direction. He walks back to his chair and gestures for me to continue by nodding his head. "He said he didn't sleep that night."

"What was his reaction when he saw you?"

A picture of Dipper's face flashes in my mind and I blink it away, "He looked very surprised, nervous, and. . ."

"And?"

"Scared."

______________________________

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? OKAY. I NEED TO BREATHE. 

NEXT CHAPTER COMING UP SOON! 

IF YOU LOVE DAN AND PHIL, I JUST PUBLISHED NEW BOOKS AND IT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT IF YOU GUYS WERE TO READ IT!

"Secret Identities // Dan and Phil"

"Talking Dreams // Phan" 

DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THIS BOOK TO YOUR FRIENDS!

Lots of Love,

Agent Trigger