Chapter 15: Enemies by sight

Dipper's POV

"Dipper," A voice whispered as I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Dipper, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I blinked my eyes, as my cheeks grew hot. "I'm just thinking." I tried to smile as I noticed Cameron furrow his eyebrows at me.

"I'm just gonna go get my phone, I left it on the sofa." Cameron says as he leaves us both alone.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She steps closer to me as she whispers.

"It's good." I shrug, "I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" A hint of worry present in her voice. Her eyes were intently on mine which made my heart thump out of my chest.

"Yes," I try to smile, but she knew me all too well that it wasn't real.

"Oh, okay." Pacifica shook her head slowly ,

Footsteps ascend to us both and Pacifica backs away from me a little, sending me a reassuring smile.

"So Dip, wanna come with us? I actually invited Mabel and her friends to a small get together. You know, just an intimate get together." She smiles,

For a minute then, I felt sick and thought 'why didn't she invite me together with Mabel then?'

"Oh, I was about to text you. But lucky me, you're already here." She added as she laughed a little.

I forced out a laugh, "Haha, yeah. It's not like you forgot about me right?" I joked, but I suddenly fell silent as soon as I realized how awkward it was to say it out loud.

I coughed and leaned on the door, "Where are we going by the way?" I changed the topic, hopefully to break the awkward tension that was building up.

"To the park. It suddenly became our hang out place." She chuckled as she playfully nudged Cameron.

"Yeah, and Pacifica and I used to hang out there when we were both in second grade." He says, as he tries to put an arm around her. But she stepped forward- unknowingly missing his arm. He's totally making me jealous.

But a point for me.

"So Dipper, you coming?" She asks, hope flashes her eyes.

"Of course."

I wouldn't want to miss the game Cameron's playing with me, right?

> > > >

"Sorry, we're a bit late." Mabel came rushing to us. "We had to distract Candy from Gabe." She says breathlessly. "And boy was it hard." She whispers the last line to us.

"Hi Dipper!" Candy flashes a smile then Grenda nudges her. "Ow, what was that for?"

"We talked about this already, remember?" Grenda whispers to her but it was still audible to us. Well, at least to me, since I'm jut standing five feet away from them both.

"I know, but I can't help it." She smiles sadly and purses her lips. "I won't do it again, I promise."

What the heck are they talking about?

"Guys?" I asked out loud as I laughed a little bit. "Is everything fine?"

"Yeah it is!" Grenda says louder than usual. "Don't worry about us.

"Okay," I smiled, "Stay sane." I say like it's a catch phrase or something. Which is not- I totally sound like I'm high.

"Not an option," Candy giggled which made me too. I can't help but Pacifica piercing her stare into Candy.

"So, anyways!" Pacifica spoke up, "We don't want this ship to sail itself." She says as I can feel her regret radiating all over us as she stops talking.

What just happened? Is this all the internet people talking about? Ship? Cargos? Deliveries? I hope I got it right.

"I'm sorry," Pacifica whispered as she turned around and face palmed herself. "Let's just set up the picnic table." She chuckled.

> > > >

"So," I start, "How are you guys related?" I know that they aren't family related, I just wanted to get in the nerves of Cameron.

"Oh, we aren't related by family." Pacifica laughs as she takes a bite from her sandwich. "We are-"

"Very close friends, very close friends." Cameron cut her off. "We might me even more than that regarding our very intimate relationship since kids." He added as he put an arm around Pacifica. She just laughed.

Can you hate a person you just met that day?

Mabel and I look at each other by instinct. "More than that?" She mouths as she gives me a weird look.

"I know right?" Oh look at us, somehow telepathically speaking to each other using our twin telepathy.

"So, you guys are in a relationship?" Mabel nervously laughs, as she sits next to me.

"What?" Pacifica chokes on her sandwich then coughs, "No, we're just good friends, silly." She laughs as she nudges Cameron, who was glaring at me the whole time.

"But someday maybe," Cameron smirks as he mocks me. I could feel my fists ball. He knew what he was doing to me. He knew how I felt towards Pacifica and now it's his mission to break the bond that Pacifica and I have for each other.

"Cameron. . ." Pacifica trails off as she looks at me worriedly.

"What?" He chuckles and gives me a mocking smirk. This guy is definitely on my kill list. And he's number two, next to Robbie.

"Just stop making this conversation very awkward, Cam." Pacifica waves him off as she shook her head slowly, a smile forming on her face.

"Okay," He finally says, then looks at me. "How about you Dipper," He says my names as if it was a curse. "Any relationships that you're into? Some girl you're keeping an eye with?"

"Okay!" Mabel cuts off, saving my life and I give her a thankful smile. "Grenda tell us all about Anton. How is he?"

As they talk, I can't help but feel Cameron stare into my soul, as if he was tormenting is with his sight. This guy is definitely into something, and that something is definitely not good.

> > > >

Hey Guys! How are you? It's been a long time since I last updated! I promise to update more soon.

So, stay tune for the next chapter 🤔

Don't forget to comment, vote and share this book with your lovely friends!

Lots of Love,
Agent Trigger