Chapter 1

{ AN-
‼️TRIGGER WARNING‼️
hello before reading please note this will contain substance use, violence and mental illnesses and other things that could be triggering.
Mental illness is something I take very seriously and if you ever need to talk private message me I'll always try to answer ❤️
Also the events in this story obviously aren't real, I do not own Pierce The Veil or A Day to Remember. I do however own the plot and the character of Addison and some others, as well as the outfits that I add on to chapters.
This is the first story I've really written so please, I'd love your feedback!!
But read, vote, comment and enjoy }

June 24, 2011
I strummed the cords to a song I know all too well, It's complicated. I looked out at the crowd for our first gig of warped tour 2011 and smiled big at all the people. As I drag my pick down hard against the strings to play a G chord, Jeremy sings along. The audience was hyped and that just made it better for my band, A Day To Remember, and I.

I've been lead gutarist/backup vocals for A Day To Remember for 5 years now. 25 tours and so many different countries, we've made so many memories.

When Jeremy and I first met I was playing with a band every Saturday night in a bar in New York City. Jeremy happened to be there one Saturday, and looking for a guitarist. He was impressed with how I played and I was shocked when he approached me after my set.

"Hey, you were amazing tonight" I stood up from my guitar case to see Jeremy McKinnon standing in front of me. His hands were shoved in his front pockets and he had a little smile on his face.

"Oh uh- thanks-thank you" I stuttered and made him laugh a little. I was a fan of A Day To Remember and I knew who he was, he must know that by my expression.

"I didn't come back here just to tell you that" he reached up to scratch the back of his neck as he spoke "we just had some shit go down with our guitarist and I know this is really random, feel free to tell me to fuck off, but I've been looking for a week and we go on tour soon, I just think you're so talented and you even played some of our songs tonight"

I stared at him in disbelief as he spoke to me. My eyes getting bigger with each word.

"I just wanted to see if you'd be interested in playing with us"

It was in that moment 5 years ago that my life changed completely. After I agreed and we actually discussed it with the rest of the band, I was in. From then on Jeremy and I became best friends and bonded on our similar upbringing, making it easy to write music together.

When it came to playing on the stage with them, it was staggering. Playing along side Neil, Josh, Jeremy and Alex was a dream come true. I loved them all like brothers.

When Jeremy found me in New York it couldn't of been a better time. I had left my home town to live in the city. I barely supported myself with a job at a tattoo parlor and my Saturday nights at the bar.

But now here I was playing my 3rd warped tour with 4 boys I love so much.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

We were done with the first day of warped tour. It was hard to breathe in the Texas heat, and performers were tired, but we were all ready to party.

"Addisonnn, are you almost done?" Neil whined from the opposite side of the bathroom door.

"Chill." I said nonchalantly as I opened the door "I'm all done"

Alex whistled as he walked shirtless by the open doorway I was standing in. I laughed and pushed by Neil and into the back lounge of the bus to find Jeremy sitting on the couch talking on his phone "yeah baby I know- I'm sorry but it's not- I know" he sighed into the phone and I gave him a sympathetic smile as I sat next to him. "I'll call you later okay? I love you too" he set the phone on the table next to him.

"Keri?" I asked and he nodded.

"She's just lonely, it sucks being away from her when she can't trust me" he rubs his face with both his hands like he's trying to get her out of his head, something I've seen him do many times before.

"But she has no reason not to trust you" I set my hand on his shoulder in an attempt of comfort.

"Yet she doesn't" he sighed again and stood up, pulling my small frame with him. "Were they ready?'" he motioned to the other end of the bus where the rest of our band was getting ready for the big kickoff party tonight.

"I think so" I shuffled over to a cupboard and grabbed a long tin box with Jack Skellington on it and popped it open. I smiled as I pulled out two perfect rolled blunts before returning it to it's spot and closing the cupboard. "I need to smoke first"

Jeremy laughed lightly and sat back down. "Two whole blunts, just for you?"

"No silly, we're all gonna share" I sat next to him before yelling to the others.

A face I wasn't expecting popped through the door with a wide smile. "Care if we join?" Vic stepped in to the back of the bus with the rest of Pierce The Veil behind him and Alex, Neil and Josh coming in after.

Jeremy and I both stood up to hug the members of one of the many bands we've befriended. I handed a blunt to Jeremy and the other to Vic before going back to the cupboard to grab one more.

We all sat around, Tony, Alex and I ending up sitting on the floor. Jaime and Josh decide to pass and head down to the party.

I've known the members of Pierce The Veil for a few years now, since or fist tour with them. I was close with all of them, Tony especially. He was one of my best friends and I loved when we got to tour with them.

So the 7 of us sat around with our blunts all lit, getting blazed before the party.

"New?" Tony asked me as he lifted up my left hand to examine the snake tattoo wrapping around my thumb.

"Mhm I did it myself" I smiled proudly and handed the blunt I was holding in my free hand to Neil, whose legs I was sitting against.

I looked over to see Mike shaking his head "I'll never understand how you can give yourself tattoos"

"It's easy if you're not a pussy" I replied with a smirk and he laughed, taking a hit off the blunt in his hand.

Mike and I had a special relationship. He bullied me like a big brother and I'd give it right back, but I'd catch him starring at me often. Me being me just pushed it aside.