Chapter 11

•Mikes pov•

I sat on Addie's bed as she was straightening her hair in front of a large mirror behind her dresser. I looked up from the social media I had been scrolling through to scan her room. The walls were a navy blue color and the floor was the same as in the rest of the apartment, a dark hard wood. On the wall across from me, the half that wasn't taken up by the tank was filled with fan art. Above her bed was a strand of white bulbs and a poster of the city lit up with "NEW YORK CITY" in big letters.

She really did love this city and I adored listening to her talk about it. She's so passionate about the thing she loves; her music, her art, even her pets.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I got a text from Jaime. It was a picture, so I opened it and smiled when I saw what it was. Earlier when Addison and I were kissing by the buses and I flipped him off he took a picture.

"Hey, c'mere babe" I looked up and she turned to me with a grin. Most of her maroon hair was now pin straight and falling down to almost her waist.

She crawled up and straddled my lap "hmm?"

I turned my phone toward her so she could see the picture "Jaime sent this to me"

"Aw, I love it" she took my phone so she could see the picture better "you should post this and come up with some caption" she bounced in excitement but I held her hips to stop her since she was sitting right on my crotch.

"Okay, ow" I chuckled and she handed me back my phone.

"Sorry, sorry" she smiled sheepishly.

"You're fine" I grinned then went to twitter to post the picture. I simply captioned it "mine. @addietoremember" and showed it to her "this okay?"

She nodded "perfect" then her face lit up again and she took her phone out of her own pocket "and I'll post the one with the snakes!"

I laughed as she scrolled through her phone. Then I got the notification with the picture "he likes the snakes! I think I'll keep him around ❤️ @ptvmike"

"Now bring on the fan-girls" we both laughed and she went back over to finish getting ready "so what are we doing today?" I asked as she straightened out her last curl.

"Well I wanna go down to my tattoo shop first" she started to apply makeup that she doesn't need.

"Your tattoo shop?" I sat up more on the bed.

"Mhm" she nodded and continued "I started off just working there when I first moved here. I got really close with the owner, he kinda took me in and helped me out. Then, a few years ago he died of cancer, but he knew he was dying and he left the shop to me"

"That's incredible, I had no idea you owned it" so many things still surprise me about her, I love learning more.

"Yup. So when I'm on the road Claire manages it along with another friend of mine, Skylar." I spotted her sketchbook sticking out of her laptop bag "Claire also takes care of my animals and this place, I'm so grateful for her"

"It's nice to have such good friends like that" I took the book from her bag and held it up "mind if I look through some of these?"

She turned and shook her head with a smile "no, go ahead"

I flipped through the colorful pages as she finished her makeup. It was filled with intricate designs as well as simple ones. They were all beautiful though, some were colored, some only half, some not at all. Many had different parts scribbled out or erased, some just had a big x over the whole page.