Chapter 24

1.6K READS OMG TYSM I LOVE YOU GUYS

~

A few hours later, around ten o'clock I woke up and carefully crawled out of bed. I left Mike to sleep, assuming he was still tired from his flight.

I threw some clean underwear and pajamas on and padded out to the kitchen where Jeremy, Alex and Claire sat at the island with coffee mugs "mornin' sex machine" Claire said causing Alex and Jeremy to giggle.

"Good morning to you" I said cheerily, sitting on the end next to Jeremy. I was happy to have Mike with me and I didn't care about their teasing.

Claire set a cup in front of me and filled it with the rich liquid. I picked it up by the handle and sipped on my coffee.

"So what are your plans for today?" Alex asked.

"Shouldn't we continue with the songs while you guys are still here?" I asked after swallowing.

Jeremy shrugged "we're here for five more days, you two spend the day together"

I set my head on his shoulder lovingly "you guys are the best"

"We know" Alex said picking my sphinx cat, Charlie, up off the floor and holding him in his lap.

"So what do you wanna do with Mike today?" Jeremy asked.

I shrugged "I don't really know, maybe just walk around the city"
Neil trudged into kitchen groggily from the living room, dragging his feet "good morning" I said happily.

He only nodded toward me as he made his way to the coffee maker.

"Aw is Neil grumpy this morning" Alex mocked him in a voice you'd use to talk to a baby.

"Neil's grumpy every morning" Jeremy chuckled.

"Maybe I'd be less grumpy if I wasn't woken up at five o'clock this morning" Neil grumbled as he poured his coffee. Everyone in the kitchen laughed as my cheeks heated up slightly. 

"Speaking of, where is Mike?" Claire asked just as he was strutting into the kitchen.

"Right here" he said in a deep, sleepy voice. I bit my lip at the sound.

"Hey, good morning" Alex chuckled.

"Mornin'" he said, coming behind me and kissing my cheek.

"How was your flight?" Jeremy asked him.

Mike shrugged "long, but worth it" Claire handed him a cup of coffee as well and we all made small talk and plans for the day, Josh eventually joining us.

Eventually our group separated and got ready. Mike and I shared a steamy shower, being more cautious about our noise level this time. When we were finished we went back to my room and discussed what we'd do for the day while we got dressed.

"Ya know, as many times as I've been here, I've never seen the Statue of Liberty up close" he said making me laugh.

"We can do that, grab some lunch, make a date out of it" I smiled at him from across the room.

"Sounds good to me"

**********

Mike and I ran into a small bar when it started down pouring "I guess we should've checked the weather" he said, shaking out his wet hair.

"Yeah, maybe it'll just blow over" I laughed lightly as water dripped off Mike's chin.

"Well we might as well get a drink" he smirked.