Chapter 13

{100 reads!! Thank you so much ❥❥❥ I made this chapter a little longer to make up for not updating for a few days c:}

I stood outside with my back to the large front windows, half way through my second cigarette. I watched as all the people walked by. Trying to distract myself, I'd guess peoples lives.

That man in a suite I'm sure is on his way to his job in one of the giant skyscrapers with a phone held up to his ear. He had a wedding ring on, but he probably fucks his secretary by the look of the hickey on his neck.

A lady with her hair done up, full makeup with a lot of glitter on her face had a trench coat wrapped around her. She had on tall sparkly heels and from the top of the coat stuck out pink straps to what looked like a bathing suit. She looked around before turning into an alley way, I could only assume she was a stripper or prostitute.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the door open behind me. I didn't turn to look but when I felt a hand on my waist I looked down to see "dead" tattooed on the fingers. I let out of puff of smoke with a sigh, Mike's touch was comforting and I leaned into him.

He pressed his lips to the top of my head and spoke into my hair "are you okay sweetheart?"

I smiled a little and nodded. I turned my body toward him and looked up, frowning now "I'm sorry"

"Sorry? For what?" He furrowed his eyebrows "you didn't do anything wrong, he's the one who came in here and.." He paused and I dropped my head "I'm still a little confused on what actually happened" he said quietly.

"I can't tell you" a lump in my throat grew when I looked at his face, he looked hurt and I just wanted to be anywhere else "it's not that I don't want to- it's just" I sighed and chewed the inside of my cheek "I have a post traumatic stress disorder a-and to actually talk about what happened, it's just too hard"

Mike took the cigarette that was about to burn me and flicked it to the ground as I spoke "and Dakota, he knows everything and all he does is use it against me, it's hard to trust someone now" I dropped my head once I finished.

We just stood there in silence for a few moments, then he broke it "why can't anyone call you...that?" His voice was hesitant.

I shrugged "It's triggering. It sets off something and makes me remember everything, it's part of the disorder" I kept my head down as I spoke "sometimes it doesn't effect me like that, but sometimes it does"

I felt his fingers under my chin and he tilted my head up to look at him "I'm not gonna make you talk about this, or tell me everything" he looked into my eyes "I understand so please, don't be upset or think that I'm mad at you for this. When you trust me enough and are ready to tell me, you will. I get that"

I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight. I felt his strong arms around me and relaxed into him.

We stayed like that for a few seconds then he spoke above me "do you wanna go back in with everybody?"

I nodded and the two of us walked back into the shop.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I plead the fifth-and then I drank it. I was drunk on love but I wouldn't admit it. 🌸
~

"Addisonn" Jeremy said, standing outside my bedroom door "we're waiting"

"I'm coming, be patient" I checked myself over in the mirror one more time before grabbing my phone off my bed and swinging my door open to find a surprised Jeremy.

"About damn time" he smirked down at me and I pushed past him.

I walked into the kitchen and Mike, Jaime, Vic and Josh were siting at the island. Vic was holding Charlie and laughing about something.