Chapter 16

•Mike's pov•

"She's my sister" I heard Addison say once I got to her. I didn't make out the rest of the conversation with everything going on around us, but she was quick to push past me. I tried to go after her but Neil stopped me and Jeremy did instead.

"Let Jeremy get her, he knows about everything and it'll just make it harder on her if you try to talk to her right now" Neil spoke calmly but a little rushed "just let him calm her down"

I watched her disappear behind another stage with Jeremy running right after her and sighed "yeah, okay" I stepped back and Neil walked past me to Addie's sister.

"Hi, I'm Neil. I'm one of your sisters band mates" I heard him say behind me.

"I'm so sorry about this, I didn't want to cause a scene" the girls voice was soft, she sounded very similar to Addie.

I walked to stand behind Neil, joining Alex and Josh "don't apologize, I know she's happy to see you we've all actually heard a lot about you"

I haven't. I thought but pushed it aside,  I was too concerned with what's going on to selfishly worry about not actually knowing anything about what's going on.

"Really?" She looked surprised and it broke my heart a little. There was obviously some fall out between this family and I was getting more curious by the minute.

I heard footsteps coming toward us and turned to see Jeremy "she wants to talk to the two of you" he said once he reached the two girls.

They nodded and followed him toward the parking lot. I was left to still wonder what the fuck was going on.

I felt Vic's hand on my shoulder "You can find her later bro, we have to get to the merch tent for our signing" I nodded and walked with him in silence.

              *******************

•Addie's pov•

I was pacing around the back of the bus with a lit cigarette when I heard the door open. Soon I was joined by Jeremy, Juliet and Melissa.

"I'm sorry-" Juliet started but I cut her of by wrapping her in another hug.

"Shut up, this is my fault. Don't you dare apoligize" I put my cigarette out when I broke away from her and hugged Melissa "thank you"

"For what?" She asked.

"Bringing her, making this happen, I know you" I smiled at her.

"Grandma actually bought the tickets" Juliet said.

I looked back at her "how is she?"

She smiled "good, so is grandpa"

"You should go see them" Jeremy said from behind me.

I quickly turned to him "I can't, we have a show in Ohio tomorrow"

"Someone can fill in for you, this is important." He wasn't going to let me get out of this, I could tell by his serious tone.

"Jeremy-" I tried to protest.

He just shook his head "don't argue with me, I think you need this. We have Johnny on hand for the next couple shows, stay here then fly out to wherever we are when you decide you're done with whatever you have to do"

I stared up at him and I felt tears prick my eyes again but I held them in "are you sure? I don't know if I can" I said in a small voice "not by myself"

"Maybe see if Mike will go" he suggested.

"No, I'm not going to ask him to miss shows at my expense"