Chapter 17

•Mike's pov•

"You what?"

Oh my god, oh my god you fucking idiot.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't suppose to say that out loud it kinda just slipped out" I spoke quick and frantically. I meant it, but I didn't mean to say it. I didn't think she was ready and this was definitely bad timing.

"Mike calm down, it's okay" she smiled and I didn't know what to think "I love you too"

Did she really just say it back? I stared at her in disbelief until she leaned forward to press her lips to mine. That's when I knew she meant it, I could feel it. The kiss was different than usual, it took my breath away after only a few seconds.

I brought my hands up to cup her cheeks and deepen the kiss as she moved in my lap so she was facing me. Her knees rested on the couch on either sides on my legs and she knocked the hat off my head to tangle her fingers in my hair.

I let out a groan when she tugged my head back but she pulled her lips away "we should probably go figure everything out for while we stay here" she said, a little out of breath.

"Yeah, we can finish this later" I chuckled and she pecked my lips with a grin spread on her face.

"You don't think of me any differently after all this, right?" She asked randomly as I put my hat back on.

"Of coarse not, this doesn't change anyway I feel about you" I told her. She gave me a small smile and we walked off the bus.

•Addie's pov•

I hugged Jeremy one last time before they all piled on to the buses and left Mike and I standing by my sisters with our bags in hand.

I turned to Juliet with my shoulders slouched "let's get this over with"

"That's the spirit" she laughed and led us to their car.

It was about 10:30 at night, we had spent the rest of the day planing things for the next few days and I brought Juliet around to meet some of her idols. I was especially excited to introduce her to the members of Sum 41 because they were a band we grew up listening to.

The ride to my grandparents house wasn't long since they lived just outside the city.

"So you're living here now?" I asked Juliet as we walked up to the rather large house. Streetlights and the full moon made it very visible. It was a light brown color with a blue door and shutters. The outside, as well as the inside was always well kept.

"Yeah, I moved out of mom's a couple years after you left" she said and I nodded, feeling a ping of guilt. The lights in the house were on which signalled someone was awake "they said they'd wait up for me to get home" Juliet sighed with a laugh, confirming my thoughts.

Juliet opened the front door and the four of us walked in. My grandmother walked into the kitchen where the door led and a huge smile spread across her face "Addison, my girl!" She exclaimed and I quickly made my way over to hug her.

She was a very small woman, like all the girls in our family. Her silver locks fell down to her mid back in a perfect braid like I always remembered it and she wore a night gown that stopped just under her knee.

"Hi Grandma" I said happily with my arms wrapped around her.

"Look at you" she stepped back with her hands holding my arms up so she could take in my transformation since the last time she saw me seven years ago "all these tattoos, you're your fathers daughter"

I laughed and hugged her again "where's grandpa?"

"He's in watching some movie" she glanced behind me and raised her eyebrows "and who is this?"

"Oh, grandma this is my boyfriend, Mike" I stepped back and pulled Mike to stand next to me.

"So nice to meet you!" She pulled him down for a hug and he chuckled, hugging her back.

"Same to you" he smiled once he was standing back at his full height.

"Addison, it's so lovely to see you and with such a handsome young man" she gushed and we both laughed.

"Mary, is Wyatt sleeping?" Melissa asked.

"Oh yes" my grandmother said "he's on the couch with Herb"

"Who's Wyatt?" I asked.

"He's your nephew" Melissa smiled and my jaw dropped.

"Oh my gosh, you had a baby?" I asked excitedly "how old is he?"

"He's two" she said as we walked into the living room.

My grandfathers head was rested against the back of the couch with small snores coming from his gaping mouth. Curled up to his side was a little boy with scruffy, dirty blonde hair.

"He looks just like Carter" I said in amazement.

My grandfathers eyes fluttered open and he looked up at me "Addison?"

"In the flesh" I grinned and he carefully stood up, as not to wake the little boy fast asleep on him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with his arms around me.

"I was in the neighbourhood" I laughed.

"I told you I was going to watch her band preform" Juliet said.

"No, I know. I just didn't think you'd bring her back with you" he chuckled and stepped back.

"And grandpa, this is Mike" I said and Mike held his right hand out in front of him.

My grandfather shook it and looked him up and down "boyfriend?"

"Yes sir" Mike smiled and nodded.

"Are you two going to be staying here?" Grandpa asked.

"Oh, n-" I started but was interrupted.

"Of course they are!" My grandma beamed "Juliet has your old room, but there's an extra room upstairs"

"Is that okay with you?" I looked up at Mike.

"I'd rather sleep in a house than a hotel" he chuckled.

"See? I like him already" grandma smiled.

"Okay, okay we'll go get our bags" I laughed and led Mike back out to the car.

***********

"You're grandma's a sweetheart" Mike said as we both crawled under the thick quilt laid over the bed.

"Yeah, I forgot how much I missed her" I cuddled close to his chest and felt him chuckle.

I looked up and used both hands to pull his face down gently and press my lips to his. He smiled and moved them slowly against mine. We kept it at that for a few seconds and I dropped my head down to lay on his chest.

"I love you baby girl" he said lowly and I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"I love you too, baby boy" I planted a small kiss on his bare chest and fell asleep with a smile on my face.