Chapter 9

"Wake up!" I stood on the edge of my bunk to reach into Jeremy's. I shook his shoulders and he brought his hands up to cover his face.

"Whyy" he groaned and rolled away from me.

"Because we're in New York and we'll be at the station soon" I was so excited to get to be home for a couple days, to be back in the city I love.

"How long have you been up?" I felt his chest vibrate when he rolled over with his eyes barely open and the blanket pulled up to his shoulders.

"I never slept" I giggled and hoped down to the floor.

"Seriously?" He sat up a little to look down at me, his big eyes finally open.

There was some movement in Alex's bunk across from mine "that really surprises you?" He stuck his head out from his curtain "she does this every time we get back into New York"

"What'd you do all night?" Jeremy asked a he slid out of his bunk.

"Well I worked on some sketches for a new tattoo I wanna do" I walked back out of the bunk area and the two of them followed "at around one AM I texted Mike and he was awake so I called and talked to him for like, an hour or something."

They both chuckled as I babbled on about the writing and drawing I got done while I was up. As I did a shirtless Josh made his way out, scratching his head "it's a day off and you're waking us up at 6:30?"

"You have to wake up either way, unless you wanna stay in the bus for two days at some parking station" I smirked at him. Our next show is in Buffalo, New York but we have two days off before then so our two bands came to stay in the city for this two days. "It just makes it easier for me to get your asses out of here" the bus stopped and I went back to the bunks and knocked above Neil's bunk "hey, we're here. Wake up sleepy head"

"I'm awake" he mumbled from inside and pulled the curtain back, I smiled sweetly at him. He looked adorable in his sweat pants and a hoodie, his sunglasses already on "and I'm ready"

I laughed and stepped back so he could get out. I patted his cheek once he was standing in front of me "you can sleep once we get to your hotel"

"I know" he smiled at me sarcastically and we walked out to join everyone, he dragged his bag along with him. They all were finishing packing a bag and getting dressed. Jeremy pulled on his shirt then he held his fist out with something to hand to me.

I cupped my hands and he dropped my medicine into them "take this now, you're way too hyped"

I smiled sheepishly and grabbed a bottle of water I had on the table "sorry" I tilted my head back and swallowed the pills with a mouthful of water.

"You're fine, I get it" he laughed and slipped on a pair of sneakers "I just know you'll get too excited and panick"

"What would I do without you?" I grinned at him once he stoop up.

"Probably sit in a padded room all day" he shrugged his shoulders and I just rolled my eyes and laughed. We all can have a crude sense of humor with each other because we're so close, but we know our limits.

There was a knock on the bus door and a tired looking Mike opened it with a beanie on and his hood up "good morning" his voice rumbled a little and it was so sexy I was taken back a little, he must've just woken up.

"Good morning" I smiled as he walked up the steps with one hand shoved in his pocket the other held a small duffle bag.

I put on a pair of slipper boots and pulled my jacket on. My hair was in a very messy bun, the only piercings I had in was a plain back hoop in my septum and solid white plugs in my ears.

I grabbed my shoulder bag with my laptop and some other things in it and my backpack with clothes. I had everything already packed since that's another thing I did while I wasn't sleeping "there's no hurry" I said as I walked to Mike "our ride won't be here for another twenty minutes, we're a little early" I nodded for Mike to walk back off the bus and I followed him.

Once we were off and standing in the pickup area, I put my arms into his unzipped hoodie and warped them around his waist. He rested his around my shoulders and I looked up at him "are you tired?" I kissed under his unshaved chin and he looked down at me.

"Nah, I'll be alright" he chuckled and pressed a quick kiss to my lips. Then another, only this time he left them there a little longer.

"Get a room!" I heard Jaime's voice yell from their bus and I felt Mike's arms move up to do what I can only assume was to flip him off.

I laughed a little and stepped back to pulled his hoodie around him all the way "stay warm, it's kinda chilly this morning"

"Yeah, you too" he set his hands on my arms and rubbed up and down in attempt to warm me.

I heard footsteps coming toward us and turned to see Jaime, Vic, Alex and Josh walking away from the buses. Tony, Neil and Jeremy came out soon after closing the doors behind them. The drivers then took them off to park them for the next couple days.

"So who is it that's picking us up?" Vic asked walking up to us.

"My roommate Claire is picking Mike and I up, my friend Clayton is picking the rest of you up and bringing you to the hotel" I told him "and then in a couple hours we'll meet up and do something"

Unfortunately my apartment isn't really big enough to fit nine extra people in, so for the two nights we're in the city eight of them are staying in a hotel a few blocks from my building.

I took my phone out of my pocket to see a missed call from Claire. I was about to call her back when I heard my name being called from behind me, I turned to see my best friends walking toward me with big smiles.

Claire was so beautiful. She had long, dirty blonde hair and was very tall. She looked like a model, her makeup and outfit always perfect. Clayton was average hight with jet black hair that stuck out in every direction and piercing blue eyes.

My whole body lit up and I ran to meet them half way, pulling them both into a hug "I've missed you guys so much!"

"We've missed you too!" Clayton said stepping back and going to bro hug Jeremy "long time no see" they laughed and he moved onto the rest of the band.

Claire took her turns hugging everyone and I pulled Mike over by the hand with the other three following "this is Mike, Tony, Vic and Jaime" I said pointing to each as I said their name.

"Yeah, I'm a fan" Clayton said with a smile.

"This is Clayton and Claire" I motioned to them as well and everyone greeted one another.

"Traffic was pretty light so we got here a little early" Claire said and we laughed.

"The same thing happened with us" we walked over to where Clayton had parked his big black van he uses to cart his own band around.

Everyone piled in and we said out goodbyes. I got in the front of Claire's car with her and Mike sat in the back "so have you guys gone public?" Claire asked as she started driving.

"No" I sighed and leaned back in my seat "we're both really bad procrastinators" Claire and Mike both laughed.

We talked about different things as we drove into the city, Clair asked how tour was but once we were driving by skyscrapers I was too distracted to pay attention to conversation.