Chapter 21

It was around 1:30 when we called Juliet to pick us up from the bar. She had offered earlier in the night to give us all a ride since she was too young to drink and didn't want any of us driving.

"How the fuck- are we suppose to all fit in here?" Harley slurred when he swung the passenger door open.

"Sit on laps" she offered.

"Mkay" he climbed into the backseat and pulled Denise into his lap. Mike crawled in after him and I got in his lap. Jace sat on the other side of us and let Amber take shot gun.

"Oh my god, my little sister is picking me up from a bar" I sighed and hid my face in Mike's shoulder. Everyone in the small space laughed at me.

"I don't mind" Juliet smiled at me through the rear view mirror.

"I love you, sissy" I said, smiling back at her.

"I love you too" Soon we were pulling into my grandparent's driveway "you're all just staying here tonight because I don't feel like running from house to house" Juliet said as she turned off the car.

"Sleepover!" I beamed, kicking me legs a little.

We all piled out of the car and tried entering the house quietly to no avail. But, Mike and I made it up to our temporary bedroom and I striped down to my underwear, stealing his shirt once it was off of him. We both climbed under the warm blankets and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

*************

Juliet dropped Mike and I off at Tino's, a local restaurant, around 1 and we went in and got a table. Not long after Kenzie walked through the door carrying a bulky car seat. She saw us and came over with a weary smile.

"You had a baby?!" I asked, throwing my arms around her once she set the seat down in a chair at our table.

"Yes, 9 months ago" she hugged me back then sat next to her baby.

"Can I see? What's it's name?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course" she laughed and pulled up the blanket that was hung over the sleeping infant "and his name is Brandon"

"Aw I love it, he's precious" I beamed starring at the little baby boy. Then I realized I still hadn't formally introduced my best friend to my boyfriend "oh my gosh, Kenzie this is Mike. Mike, Kenzie." I grinned at them.

They both exchanged "Nice to meet you's" as a waitress with short, dark hair came to our table "Hi I'm Susan and I'll be your server for today" she said happily "can I get you all something to drink?"

"Um I'll have an ice tea with lemon please" I told her.

"I'll have the same" Kenzie grinned.

"Water" Mike said simply with a smile.

Susan scribbled on a notepad and handed us each a menu "I'll be right back with those" then she disappeared into the kitchen.

"So, whose the father?" I asked Mykenzie.

"Um, well it's some guy that I was seeing but he's chose not to be in Brandon's life" she said with a little shrug of the shoulders.

"That's okay, you don't need a man. You're one of the strongest woman I know" I smiled at her then the waitress came with are drinks, asking if we were ready to order. We all did then made small talk while we waited. Mike and I told her all about tour and she told me about things around town that I've missed.

Little Brandon slept during our meal then we split the check. We all made our way outside and Mike offered to carry the large car seat to Kenzie's vehicle. He toted him out and into her tiny car and then I gave Kenzie a long hug "I'm not sure when I'm coming back here but, I got your number so I'll definitely keep in touch" I told her, breaking away from our embrace.

"Good, I've missed you" she smiled at me then Mike "and it was very nice to meet you. You better treat her right"

We all laughed and Mike threw an arm around my shoulders "I have all intention of doing so" he chuckled "and I'm glad we got to meet"

"So am I" she beamed. Then she got in her car and drove off.

************

"Don't be such a stranger" my grandpa told me, giving me a hug and kiss goodbye.

"I won't be, I promise" I hugged him back as tight as I could before stepping back and swallowing the lump in my throat.

I stood in front of Juliet, the last one I had to say my goodbye to. I engulfed her in a hug quickly before I could let the tears fall. I felt wetness on my own shoulder and sighed "please come back this time" she whispered.

"I will" I told her, gently patting down the back of her hair.

I kissed her forehead one last time before climbing in the cab that took Mike and I to the airport.

When we got there we got our tickets, went straight through security and loaded onto the plane, since we only had one bag each. I sat next to Mike impatiently tapping my leg while we waited for takeoff.

"Calm down baby, that all went pretty good, right?" He said softly, resting a comforting hand on my bare thigh.

"Yeah, I guess. I just feel so guilty leaving again" I told him, dropping my head to rest on his shoulder.

"You shouldn't. You've made this whole new life for yourself, you should enjoy it" Mike said, softly rubbing my skin with his thumb.

"Yeah, I guess you're right" I yawned and set my own tattooed hand over his "love you" I mumbled before drifting off.

A/N
This chapter is shitty and short, it's just a filler I'm sorry :( I'll work more on this now hopefully bc I have lots of ideas and I plan on this book getting interesting soon ((: