Tonight Tonight

"Ashley maybe we should talk about this." I tell her as we walk into the house. She didn't say a single word on the ride over here and all I want is to know what's going on inside her head.

She stops abruptly, almost causing me to bump into her.

She sighs as she turns to face me. Shaking her head she says, "Spencer we don't have to talk about it or-"

"Talk about what?" Lexy comes from the other room and says. Ashley's entire demeanor changes in the blink of an eye. Suddenly she's not playing conflicted girlfriend of my best friend, her roles have changed and now she's the loving girlfriend. I let out a small sigh and she pulls Lexy into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, her tone happy again. Lexy embraces her but keeps her eyes trained on me.

"I got off work early. "She says, still looking at me. I drop my head, suddenly finding the apartment floor interesting. "I wanted to surprise you guys." I glance up and see her pulling back from Ashley. She glances at Ashley then back to me.

"That's amazing. I'm so glad you're here." Ashley leans forward and whispers in her ear. "I missed you." She adds in a seductive tone. Well if I wasn't uncomfortable before...

"What we you guys talking about when you came in?" Lexy pulls back, asking her girlfriend. "It sounded serious." Ashley turns and looks at me, pleading for my help.

"Oh." I perk up, trying to play it off. "Well, we we're just talking about the photo shoot. Ashley was a little upset at the stunt I pulled and I was just trying to apologize." I tell her as I close my eyes, hoping she would buy my bullshit.

When I open my eyes I see Lexy glance at me then back at Ashley. If the look on Ashley's face doesn't give us away then the look on mine probably will. We both look guilty as hell and as much as I'd like to say that what happened between Ashley and I, the almost...whatever, was innocent; but I know that it wasn't. I know that whatever may or may not have happened in that garden, I wanted to happen. A smile appears at her lips before she says. "I don't know how you got her to do any of that stuff in the first place." She chuckles out. I let out a sigh of relief and from the corner of my eyes I see Ashley do the same.

"I'm adventurous." Ashley says, scoffing at the insinuation her girlfriend was throwing out.

Lexy lets out one small chuckle before turning to her girlfriend and kissing her. "Sure, sure baby." She says patting Ashley's shoulder. I try to laugh to get myself out of whatever this mood I'm in is, but it's not working. "You two go and get ready, the movie starts in-"

"Oh crap." I shake my head, cutting Lexy off.

"What is it?" She turns to me and asks.

"I totally forgot that I told my mom we'd come over for dinner. You know how she is Lex, when I promise her something if I don't do it she goes-"

"Ape shit on your ass. Got it." Lexy finishes my sentence.

"I'm sorry. I totally spaced on that."

"It's cool." Lexy waves me off. "I haven't seen mama and papa Carlin for a few months anyways." She shrugs and turns back towards the stairs.

"What about the movie?" Ashley questions her girlfriend.

"We'll go another day." Lexy throws over her shoulder as she climbs the stairs. "You both should still go get dressed though, you know how your mom is about tardiness Spencer."

"Right." I yell back up to her. I turn and look at Ashley one last time, she drops her head causing me to sigh, before I head into the spare bedroom to change.