Little Things

"I can't believe you're coming tomorrow. I'm so excited Mads, you have no idea." I tell my friend in a monotone voice.

She chuckles. "Well you don't sound excited."

I sigh and roll over in my bed. "I am, I swear. You know I am." I'm just finding it hard to be happy these days you know? One day Ashley and I are avoiding each other and the next we're making out. It's been five days since the photo shoot and once again we're doing this little dance we do. I wish we could just make a choice either way.

Let each other go... or figure out a way to tell Lexy and I guess now Stacy.

See why I didn't want to get involved?

I'm such a mess.

"I know, Spence. I'm gonna handle all this shit when I get there." Madison says seriously, causing me to giggle.

"You're not handling anyone, Madison so stop it."

"Oh bitch I will."

"You better go off!" I half shout, making her laugh.

"You know I'll get Sasha Fierce on a bitch Spencer, please don't make me." I chuckle and bury my head in the pillow. Sigh. Madison never fails to amaze me. She can make me feel better in any situation.

One of the many things I love about her.

"I love you." I tell her, turning over on my back. I glance over at the clock and see it's only seven-thirty in the morning. I still haven't gotten on west coast time yet.

"I know you do." She says and I can practically hear the cockiness seeping from her voice.

"Oh it's like that." I chuckle.

"You know I love you, Spence." She says and I can't help but smile. "I gotta go, Aiden's taking me to his parent's for some God awful brunch, but we'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Wait, how do you know it's gonna be awful if you haven't gotten there yet?" I question my friend.

"Because it's with his family, duh." She replies quickly and I fight the urge to snort out a laugh. As much as Madison loves Aiden, her and his family have never really gotten along. She calls it the needle in her haystack. Impossible to see in all the love they have for each other but in the back of your mind you always know it's there and you just hope one day you don't find it. I just laugh and shake my head at her.

"What time am I picking you guys up?"

"I think the flight gets in around seven or something. I'll have to check. Text you when I get home. Love you Spence."

"Love you too." I tell her and we hang up. As I toss my phone on the bedside table there's a knock on my door. I shoot upright, straightening out my hair and making myself presentable. "Come in." I tell the person behind the door, thinking it's Ashley.

"Hey bestii." Lexy comes in and jumps on my bed.

Oh.

It's just my best friend that I'm completely betraying behind her back.

I put on my best Spencer smile. "Good morning. Wait..." I narrow my eyes at her as she jumps on the bed. "Why aren't you at work?" I question and quirk a brow.

"That's what I came in here to talk to you about." She tells me, dropping down on the bed. She crawls up next to me and pulls me into an embrace. It doesn't feel how it used to. Now the only thing I feel when I'm around Lexy is guilt. It's definitely put a huge strain on our friendship.

"What's up?"

"Well my asshole of a boss called me this morning right before I was heading out, telling me to come in later because she needs me to go out of town with her for the night." She pauses, turning to look at me with the biggest grin on her face. I already know what's coming next.