Epilogue Part 3: 4 Letter Word

"I seriously wish we didn't have to come here." I roll my eyes as Spencer and I walk up the stairs to my parents house.

"Ashley your family really isn't that bad." She shakes her head and laughs. But she hasn't met Ashton and Kyla yet. And both of them are here today. Now she'll see what I'm talking about.

"Right." I nod, opening up the front door. "Mom we're here!" I shout into the house, a few moments later a familiar squeal comes from the top of the stairs. Well if this isn't deja vu.

"Ashley, Spencer!" She greets us as she pulls us into a hug.

"Mom let go." I tell her, trying to pull myself free.

I wake up at the vibration at my phone going off. I rub my face tiredly and pull back a little to see Spencer sleeping. I smile as her hair covers her face. She's so beautiful and I think about how we declared our love to each other. Nothing happened, the declaration was enough and we fell into conversation the way we always do. Forgetting that other people exist in the world and it's been the best I've had in a long time it reminds me a lot of the first night Spencer and stayed up late the first night together getting to know each other.

I sigh contentedly and push her hair from her face and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I gently pull myself from her arms and walk away to read my texts. A few from Lexy and I decide to respond to her later. Several from my mother and I groan as I remember that I promised to meet with my parents today but I really don't want to leave Spencer.

I feel my phone vibrate and smile sadly at the name. I answer and put on my best cheery voice. "Hey Lex."

"Good morning baby how'd your night go?"

"It went well we stayed up talking all night pretty much."

"Well you sound a lot better than when I left. I knew Spencer could get you to cheer up."

"She definitely did."

"She's amazing isn't she?"

I smile as I take a peek at a sleeping Spencer. "She really is. How's your trip with your boss."

She hesitates for a second but I don't read too much into it she always gets nervous whenever she talks about her boss. "It was interesting but it's going well. What are you up today?"

"Nothing really. I'll probably just hang with Spencer."

"That's sounds good. I miss you."

I sigh and my heart breaks a little because I haven't missed her as much as I should. I tell her I do anyway after that lie she gets off the phone I'm afraid the longer we stay on the more lies I tell. We say our goodbyes and I think about my plans for today.

I couldn't tell Lexy that I was going to my parent's house and I definitely couldn't tell her that I'm taking Spencer with me.

I smirk as the thought dawns on me and as much as they drive me nuts I kind of really want my parents to meet Spencer. I'll whip her up some breakfast after my shower if some coaxing is necessary.

So I'm totally not a morning person but any time with Spencer makes me happy so it just comes off as if I were. She doesn't notice me in the kitchen as she texts on her phone. I'm sure it's Madison and I'm curious to meet this other friend that's claimed the best friend title in Spencer's life.

"Good morning." I tell her and she greets me with a smile. I get shy at the fact that I made her everything in fridge but she's a good sport about it. I don't get shy around people I'm pretty confident in everything I do and I mean everything but the fact that I'm doing this for Spencer or anything for Spencer I get nervous because for someone makes me nervous about how I'm doing something. I'm also nervous at the fact that I want to take her to meet my parents not the fact that my parents may not like her because that's far from the truth. In fact I'm sure they'll love her it's just…I try not to bring living, breathing, sensible people around them because I'm pretty certain they had a lobotomy at one point in their lives.