Deuces

Lexy's POV

I look around the club and I can't help but beam at the crowd that has come to support my girl and her band. She's so talented and I'm so lucky to have her. She treats me amazing and I honestly believe her to be the one for me.

I see myself being with Ashley for the rest of my life. She's my one and I believe I'm hers, she's subtle in the ways she expresses it though. Have you heard all the songs she been writing lately?

I've been away so much with work and I think my absence has triggered her inspiration. She hasn't written this many songs since I've known her.

I'm so glad she and Spencer have gotten along so well. I was a bit nervous about their meeting. Your best friend and your girlfriend the two most important people in your life, if they don't get along it would suck. I'm glad I don't have that problem.

I watch as the band walks onto the stage and Ashley nods her head cuing Mikey to start the beat of the first song of the night. She's got such a great group, I never really feel like I belong with them though. They're nice enough but sometimes I feel like they're only nice to me because of Ashley.

How can I tell?

Well sometimes you just get a feeling with people and I get a feeling with them, but it's fine. Ashley loves me and I've got Spencer and honestly I'm all set with just the two of them.

My heart swoons as my girl sings the final chorus of 'I'd Rather Be With You'. This is my favorite of hers. A smile tugs at my lips as I listen to the lyrics. Ashley introduces a new song that she just wrote the other day and I'm really excited to hear it. She's so talented.

She looks a little nervous but she doesn't need to be; she's amazing. I smile widely as I try to lock eyes with her to reassure her. She strums her guitar and looks up, I'm expecting her to look at me but I notice that her gaze is past me.

"I won't do what you told me. I won't do what you said, no. I'm not gonna stop feeling. I'm not gonna forget it. I don't wanna start over. I don't wanna pretend that. You are not my lover. That you're only my friend."

As I listen to the lyrics, trying to make sense of what they could possibly mean... I hear Glen make a smart remark and snicker. What's so funny? I look at Spencer to see what Glen could be laughing at and she's looking at him like she's about ready to kill him. I look back over at Ashley and her eyes are still locked on Spencer.

Spencer's trying not to look at me. I swallow nervously as Ashley continues with the song.

"Cause when you took my heart. You took it all. When you gave it back. It fell apart. So..."

No…She's not…She wouldn't.

I look at Spencer and I look into her eyes. They look…guilty.

"Maybe you're not right for me. Maybe it's just hard to see. I get lost in your beauty. And I just start questioning. Cause when you took my heart you took it all. But when you gave it back it fell apart."

My heart races as I take another look at Ashley. I see Stacy at the piano and she seems to be sporting the same look I feel growing on my face. She looks at Spencer, everyone seems to be looking at Spencer. She's looking at Spencer some type of way. I look at Stacy as she watches Ashley and I watch Ashley as she watches…Spencer. This isn't happening.

No!

Spencer wouldn't. She's my best friend…practically my sister. She'd never…

Of course not. I laugh internally because it won't come out of my mouth. I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding.