Where We Gonna Go From Here

It's been a few days since Madison and Aiden left and tonight is the signing party. Which I've decided I'm not going to by the way. I mean, how awkward would that be?

My ex, my best friend who I'm two timing and the girl I'm in love with that also happens to be my best friends girl, in the same room... Yeah we've been there done that and we see how that turned out the first time.

"Spencer are you going to leave the house today?" My mom peeks her head in my room and asks.

"No." I shake my head, lifting up from the bed to look at her. "I thought I would continue to lay in this bed and drown in my sorrows. Thanks though." I say seriously before laying back down.

"As fun as that sounds..." She pauses, chuckling a bit. Apparently, my misery is funny. "You have company."

"What?!" I jump up from the bed.

"It's not Ashley." She whispers, motioning with her hands for me to settle down.

Well boo!

Yes I know! I'm the one ignoring her but still apart from calling and texting she's done nothing to try to win me back.

I'm sad about it.

But at the same time I'm telling myself that it's for best.

See my conflict?

"Who is it?" I ask, getting up from the bed.

"Lexy." She tells me and I sigh. I've been ignoring her too. I can't really take talking to her right now.

"Tell her I'm not here." I groan and fall to the floor dramatically.

Ahh.. It feels nice down here.

"Too late." My mom says and I lift my head to see Lexy standing in my door with a hand on her hip. Uh oh. I'm in trouble.

"I'll leave you two girls to talk." My mom says and shuts the door. I turn my attention back to Lexy. She looks pissed.

"Lexy I-"

"Don't even Spencer!" She snaps, cutting me off. "How dare you completely disappear on me? You haven't been returning my calls or texts for days now and I tried to come by to see you the other day and you paid Glen to tell me you weren't here!"

I furrow my brows. "How'd you know I paid him?"

"He told me, duh." She answers as she sits on my bed. Figures. I stand up from the floor and sit next to her on the bed. She looks at me and I know she can tell somethings not right. We've been friends long enough for her to read me well enough to know that. "What's going on with you Spence? Why are you shutting me out?"

I sigh and fall back on my bed, covering my eyes with my left arm. "It's complicated Lex." I try to explain.

"Don't give me that bullshit Spence. We've always been able to talk each other. Before you left for New York, we never kept secrets and now I feel like I don't know you at all."

I wish she would just drop this. I feel like at any moment I could blurt out that I'm in love with Ashley.

"I can't..." I trail off, shaking my head.

"Spencer just tell me what's going on with you. You're not being very fair. I'm your best friend but this past few weeks I feel like we're hardly associates."

I know that this isn't exactly how we planned on our Summer turning out. Sometimes I wish I just hadn't of gone to that stupid party in New York. If I hadn't of gone I wouldn't have met Ashley and then I wish that I would have missed my flight so I wouldn't have been sitting next to her on the plane.