Womanizer

Womanizer

As the music starts the crowd starts to cheer. They haven't heard me sing yet though... yeah, they'll stop cheering in a second. I glance over at Ashley and see the borderline terrified look on her face. I smile inwardly, I guess she knows what the song is from the music.

"Superstar. Where you're from how's it going? I know you, gotta clue what you're doing. You can play brand new to all the other chicks out here but I know what you are, what you are baby. Look at you, getting more than just a re-up. Baby you, got all the puppets with their strings up. Fakin' like a good one, but I call 'em like I see 'em, I know what you are. What you are, baby." I finish the first verse and the crowd goes even wilder as I parade around on stage like I've done this before. I don't know where all this confidence is coming from. I look over at my table, Lexy is smiling, Stacy is smirk and waving her hands around and Ashley...well Ashley looks pissed.

"Womanizer, woman, womanizer, you're a womanizer. Oh womanizer, oh you're a womanizer baby. You, you, you are. You, you, you are. Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer baby. Boy don't try to front I know just what what you are. Boy don't try to front I know just just what you are. You, you got me going. You, you're also charming. You, but I can't do it. You, you womanizer." I nod my head as the second verse prepares to start. I feel good right now. Telling Ashley what I want to say without having to direct it straight at her. The look on her face tells me she gets my message though. Loud and clear.

"Daddy-O, you got the swagger of champions. Too bad for you, you just can't find the right companion. I guess when you have one too many it makes it hard. It could be easy, who you are, that's just who you are baby. Lollipop you must mistake me for a sucker. To think that I would be a victim not another. Say it, play it how you wanna. But no way I'm ever gonna fall for you, never you baby." I practically shout the last part. Knowing good and well it's not true. I've already fallen for Ashley and she knows it. But the look she's giving me right now is telling me that my words are hurting her. They're cutting through her, much like seeing her with Lexy all lovey dovey cuts through me. Now I feel bad for my choice of song.

"Womanizer, woman, womanizer, you're a womanizer. Oh womanizer, oh you're a womanizer baby. You, you, you are. You, you, you, are. Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer, womanizer. Boy don't try to front I know just, just what you are. Boy don't try to front I know just what, what you are. Boy don't try to front I know just just what you are. You, you got me going. You, you're also charming. You, but I can't do it. You, you womanizer." The crowd continues to cheer as I slow down to sing the bridge.

"Maybe if we both lived in a different world, it would be all good and maybe I could be your girl. But I can't, cause we don't. Womanizer, woman, womanizer. Oh womanizer, oh you're a womanizer baby. You, you, you are. You, you, you are. Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer baby." I finish, dropping the mic on the table in front of me as the crowd all jump up and erupt into applause. Seriously? I smile as I walk off stage, feeling good and bad about myself at the same time.

"Oh my God, Spencer!" Stacy is the first to greet me as I leave the stage. "That was amazing. I didn't know you could sing like that." She smirks, looking a bit turned on if I'm being honest.

"I can't." I shake my head.

"Bullshit!" She replies, leading me back to our table.

"Wow, Spencer! Channeling our inner Britney Spears aren't we?" Lexy asks, pulling me into a hug.

"It was nothing." I shrug and shake my head at my friends. Ashley's hasn't said anything. She hasn't even looked at me.

"I guess when you have an ex-girlfriend like Carmen it's easy to channel all that energy into a song like that." Lexy half shouts as the next person goes on stage.