Wanted

"Spencer what are you doing outside?" Lexy comes from the house and asks.

I shrug. "I needed air. My mom you know." I add, thumbing a finger towards the house.

She chuckles and nods. "That's why I think my next plan is so amazingly genius." She smiles that patented Lexy smile and I already know what's coming next.

"Lexy no." I shake my head. "I am not staying at your apartment with you and your girlfriend again." I tell her in a hushed tone.

"What? Why not Spence?" She whines.

"Well for one you two need your privacy, I don't wanna-"

"It's fine." She waves me off. "Most of the time I'm at work anyways. My boss is a real asshole, she makes me work whenever she can legally get away with it." Lexy adds with an eye roll.

"Lexy I don't-"

"Please." She pouts. I sigh and shake my head at her.

"Lexy don't use the pout on me."

"Is it working?" She questions with a raised brow.

I sigh again, "Doesn't it always."

"Yay!" She jumps up from the swing. "You're gonna stay over the whole summer right?" She asks in a hopeful tone.

"Well Madison's coming down here with her boyfriend and I-"

"Ugh." She groans as she starts to walk away.

"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you woman." I yell after her.

"Well you started to bore me to death with tales of your other lover." She turns back to me and says. I can't help but laugh at her.

"You two are mess. There's plenty of room in my heart for the both of you."

"Right." Lexy nods, but clearly she's not buying it.

'Well I don't like, living under your spotlight.' Ugh! Does this chick ever stop! I quickly press ignore to Carmen's call.

"Hey guys." Ashley comes out the house. Lexy and I both turn to face her. "Spence your mom convinced me to do a song." She turns to me and says.

"Spence?" Lexy glances back and forth between Ashley and I. "We're on a nickname basis already?" She questions with a raised brow. "I guess you two had fun today." She adds after a moment.

"Slip of the tongue." Ashley says quickly.

Nice.

I roll my eyes as I get up from the swing. "I'm going inside." I tell the couple, brushing past Ashley. I hear her tell Lexy that she's going to get her guitar, Lexy says an okay, then I hear the unmistakable sound of lips moving against each other. I close my eyes and steady myself against the couch to keep myself from running away.

It officially sucks to be me.

"So the whole summer then?" Lexy comes in the house and says as she walks past me towards the den.

"Sure, Lex." I nod, just wanting this conversation to be over.

"Yay!" Lexy squeals, clapping her hands together. I shake my head as I follow her into the den where my mom and dad are already waiting. A few minutes later Ashley comes in with her guitar.

"Um..." She says as she sits down across from us on a stool. "This is a new song I've been working on." When is she ever not writing? "It's called 'Wanted'." She adds, glancing at me briefly enough that Lexy doesn't catch it. But my mom does before she looks at me with narrowed eyes. I sigh as she begins to strum her guitar. "You know I'd fall apart without you. I don't how you do what you do. Cause everything that don't make sense about me. Make sense when I'm with you. Like everything that's green girl I need you. But its more than one and one makes two. Put aside the math and the logic... of it. You gotta know you're wanted too." Escapes her lips and it takes everything in me to not burst into tears. I'm being such a lesbian right now but I don't even care. I glance at Lexy, the smile on her face tells me she has no idea. She's always been the doey eyed girl that sees the best in people. And Ashley and I... her girlfriend and best friend are taking advantage of that.