The Right Kind Of Wrong

"Good morning sunshine." I wake up to see Lexy standing over me."

"Holy shit!" I jump up from the bed. I swear I covered the entire length of the bed in one leap.

Yes... I was just that scared.

I hear a raspy giggle along with Lexy's and I turn to see Ashley standing by the door. She gives me a small smile and I try my hardest not to run over and kiss her.

To tell her how much I missed not sleeping in her arms last night.

Two days of it and now I'm spoiled.

Sigh.

Shit focus! Stop staring at Ashley like you want to mound her right here and now with her girlfriend standing next to you.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, Spence." Lexy says, continuing to chuckle. I force my eyes from Ashley's and turn to look at my best friend.

I think I should just start calling her Lexy now. It's pretty safe to say that I'm the worlds worst best friend at this point.

"Well," I say grabbing my chest. "You did a terrible job at that."

She chuckles again before walking over and pulling me into a hug. "Aw, I missed you." She tells me. Oh well rub it in why don't ya, guilt! She pushes me back and hits me on the arm a few times. "But if you ever ignore my calls and texts and calls again to hang out with the best friend stealer, I will kill you." She narrows her eyes at me and the look on her face right now has me genuinely terrified.

"Okay." I nod with wide eyes.

"Good." She changes into happy cheery Lexy again.

Um... creepy much?

"Not that I'm not glad to see you," I start, running a hand through my blonde curls. I hate it that Ashley's seeing me with bed head right now. Granted she has before but waking up next to her with it and her coming over to my house and seeing it are two different things... come on that's good logic. "...but why are you in my bedroom at," I turn to look at the clock on the nightstand. "...seven in the morning!" I practically shout.

Her and Ashley both chuckle at me. I don't find this funny at all. I hate waking up early when I have absolutely nothing to do and today... I have absolutely nothing to do.

"I'm just dropping Ashley off to pick up her car."

"Oh." I nod, walking over to my dresser and grabbing her keys.

"Spencer why are you screaming?" Madison stops in the doorway when she see's Ashley and Lexy.

"Madison that's Ashley." I point to her. "And this is Le-" Madison stops me, raising a hand.

"No thanks." She rolls her eyes and walks away.

She did not just do that.

I look back and forth between Ashley and Lexy. Ashley is trying not to laugh but Lexy just bursts into laughter, shaking her head.

"Nice girl." She chuckles out.

"She's not usually like this." I try.

"Right." Lexy scoffs. "Cause just yesterday she didn't answer your phone for you and hang up on me. I just imagined that." She rolls her eyes and smiles.

"I'm sorry about that, Lex. She just get's protective sometimes."

Lexy waves me off. "It's cool Spence. I get it. It's hard to be the second best friend." She adds with a smile. "Well I have to get to work." She walks over and kisses Ashley. "You guys hanging out today or..." She trails off, glancing back between us.