I Won't

"This is amazing right?" Lexy asks as she takes my hand in hers. We've just entered the club where Serenity's signing party is.

"Yeah." I reply nonchalantly as she laces our hands together. I glance down at our hands and rolls my eyes. This is an action Lexy has done so many times before, I don't know why it's so weird now.

Maybe because she totally thinks you're in love with her.

Ooooh look everyone, Captain Obvious is here.

"I'm gonna get us something to drink." Lexy stops us, using her free hand to thumb towards the bar.

"Anything without alcohol in it." I tell her, she gives me a small smile before walking off. I make my way over to an empty table and see a familiar face in the corner.

"Mrs. Williams?" I question, walking over to her.

"Spencer!" She smiles and stands, pulling me into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Not that I'm not happy to see her or anything, it's just that it's a club...I never imagined seeing Mrs. Williams at a club.

"Getting my party on of course." She smiles and moves her hips a little, doing this awkward dance. I can't help but smile at her. "Ashley invited me. I couldn't turn down the invitation now could I?" She smiles.

"Well it's good to see you." I hug her again. I've really become quite fond of Mrs. Williams. "Have you seen Ashley?" I ask, looking around.

She gives me a small smile and shakes her head. "No, but a man came on stage a little while ago and said they'd be performing shortly."

"Oh okay." I nod.

"Did you two fix what was going on with the two of you?" She questions. I sigh and take a seat in the chair across from her.

"No ma'am." I shake my head. "I love her a lot. But I broke up with my girlfriend and I don't think she ever will."

"Spencer honey," She reaches over and grabs my hand. "Maybe things are just a bit more complicated for her than for you. How long has she been with her girlfriend?"

"Almost nine months." I reply.

"And you with yours?"

"A month." Ugh! I didn't even think about it that way. It was so easy for me to break up with Stacy because we don't have that history like Ashley and Lexy have. They've been together almost a year, how could I expect her to just end things so easily?

"See." Mrs. Williams says, breaking me from my thoughts. "I'm sure she just needs a little more time honey. A love like the two of you have..." She pauses, smiling and shaking her head. "...it's forever."

"Thank you Mrs. Williams." I smile, standing up from my chair. "I think I should probably go talk to her then, I've been ignoring her the past few days." I give Mrs. Williams one last hug before going off in search of Ashley.

"Where you going?" Lexy steps in front of me, holding a clear liquid out for me. I taste it and see it's Sprite.

"Um... to talk to band. I wanna wish them good luck." I tell her. Which isn't a complete lie.

"Oh okay, I'll come with." She says, taking the drink out of my hand and sitting hers and mine on a nearby table.

"Actually." I stop her as she starts to pull me towards the back of the club. She stops walking and looks back at me. "I wanted to talk to Stacy alone for a moment. I feel like I need to explain some stuff to her and maybe it'd be best if you weren't there." I say, using my friends ignorance to my advantage. I'm such a shitty person...I know.