Missing You

I roll out of bed and sigh as I glance at the clock on my way to the bathroom. It's only six-thirty in the morning. I guess I'm still on East Coast time right now. I splash some water on my face, staring at myself in the mirror for a moment.

It's been two whole weeks since the night Ashley and I had that conversation.

I've been avoiding her ever since. I mean, it's kinda hard to avoid someone who's living in the same house as you but I've been trying my hardest. Seeing Ashley and Lexy together hasn't gotten any easier. I think it actually hurts even more now. It hurts to think that she's right there...every single day she's right within reach, but I can't have her. I'm not supposed to even want her.

Lexy is still completely clueless, where sometimes it makes me wonder if she really doesn't know or she's just pretending not to know.

Ashley's been trying to talk to me every chance she gets. Pulling me aside when we go to the movies or out to restaurants. She even pulled me aside when I went to get popcorn from the kitchen, while her girlfriend was in the living room. She practically football tackled me! I managed to escape her grasp, grab the popcorn and make it back to the living room unscathed. She stared at me most of that night. It's not even like she's trying to pull me aside to say we should be together. She just wants to make things right between us.

Go back to how we were. I guess I don't really have a choice with the bands photo shoot coming up soon. I may be mad at Ashley, not even her really, more of just the situation.

Anyways, I may be upset but that doesn't negate the fact that I have a job to do. I'm serious about my photography and I would never let a girl get in between that. Even if that girl is as amazing as Ashley.

Ugh!

Getting off track.

So my mom has been making it her business to be in my business every chance she gets. Asking me how things are with Ashley, how they're moving along. They aren't moving at all! I keep telling her. Ashley is Lexy's girlfriend and no matter how much I wish it weren't the case, it is and there's nothing I can do about it.

Madison and I have been talking every day. She keeps telling me that I should just come back to New York and visit here again at a later time. Like visiting at a later time will change anything. That girl cracks me up. The only thing that's really keeping me going is the fact that her and Aiden will be here in a couple of weeks to keep me company for a few days. I need a bit of sanity in my life right now and Madison definitely provides that.

The sound of my phone ringing pulls me back to reality. I shake my head clear and head back into the bedroom to grab my phone. I scoop it up from the nightstand and see its my mom. I sigh before answering.

"Hey mom."

"Oh good you're awake."

"Mhm." I mumble flopping down face first onto the bed.

"How are things-"

I sit up quickly on my elbows. "Mom you seriously didn't call me at six in the morning to ask me about my non relationship with Ashley." I say the last part in a hushed tone, knowing Ashley and Lexy are upstairs asleep.

"No." She chuckles and I can hear papers rustling around in the background. "I actually called for Ashley since I don't have her number."

"Mom I'm not going to wake them up so you can ask Ashley questions about our non-"

"I'm not calling for that Spencer. I'm calling because my friend got in touch with his friend over at Domino Records and he wants Ashley's band to come in for an audition today while he's in Los Angeles."