Cats

Nico walked into the house, sighing. He was exhausted.
"Will! I'm home!" He yelled.
"I'm in here!" His boyfriend's voice called from the living room. Nico walked in and stopped in his tracks.

"Why is here a cat in our house?" He asked. Will grinned.
"I found him outside! Can we keep him, please?"
"No way."
"But he's friendly!" Will protested. The cat hissed at Nico.

"I don't like cats." He grimaced.
"Please, Neeks." Will begged. "I'll do anything!" Nico considered the offer for a moment.

"Fine." He sighed. "I have control over the TV remote for the next month." He decided.

Will sighed, then kissed his cheek.
"Thanks."
"Don't make me regret this."

~~~

"Will!"
"Yeah?" Will replied from the other room.
"I thought the cat was a tabby!"
"It is!"
"This one is black." He pointed to the cat as Will walked into the room.

"Don't be racist." Will told him. Nico rolled his eyes, sighing at his idiotic boyfriend.
"Why do we have two cats?"
"I found another." Will said matter of factly.

Nico stared at him incredulously.
"We already have one cat! You can't just bring another home- without asking me- and expect me to be okay with it!"
"But-"

"Get rid of it!"
"No!" Will picked up the cat and hugged it to his chest. "I love him!"
"Tough. I should be more important." Nico folded his arms and glare at Will, who pouted.

"I'm not getting rid of Mozart." Will told him.
"Mozart? Seriously?" Nico raised any eyebrow. "Why do you name all of our pets after old, dead musicians?"
"Because I like old, dead musicians!"
"Weirdo."

"Can I please keep him?" Will begged. Nico sighed, unable I resist his puppy eyes.
"Fine, but you're doing the laundry for the next two months."
"Thanks!" Will hugged Nico, squashing the cat between them. It hissed and scratched Nico before leaping out of Wills arms and stalking off.

~~~

A week later, Nico walked into the living room and walked right back out again.
"Will!"
"Yes?" Will walked over, grinning, but his eyes looked worried.

"Why the hell are there four cats in our living room?"
"I... Um..."
"You know what, I don't even care." Nico sighed.
"Just make sure they don't go near me."
"Okay." Will nodded. "Deal."

~~~

"You have a problem."
"No I don't."
"Really?" Nico raised an eyebrow and looked at his boyfriend, who was sat in the floor.

He had two cats on his lap, one balanced on his head, and another climbing up his arm. Spread out at his feet were three more. "We have seven cats."
"So?" Will asked innocently.
"So, unless we're forty year old virgins, that's not normal."

"But I love them! They're my babies!" Will argued.
"You need help."
"No I don't." Will said stubbornly. Nico put his head in his hands, wondering where he went wrong.

"Please let me keep them." Will carefully removed the cats fr
himself and walked over to Nico, who was shaking. "A-are you crying?" He frowned. Then he realised Nico was laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You are such an idiot!" Nico giggled. Giggled.
"Uh... Sorry."
"I can't believe I'm letting you keep these demons." He gestured to the cats, all of which seemed to find pleasure in attacking him.

"Sor- Wait... I can keep them?" Will's eyes lit up.
"Yes..." Nico nodded and was instantly pulled into a bone-crushing hug.
"Thank you thank you thank you!" Will kissed Nico's face multiple times.
"Calm down a bit, please." Nico grinned.

"You know, one of the main reasons I like you is because you're like a cat." Will told Nico.
"Are you telling me you have a cat fetish?"
"No! Well... Yeah, a bit." Will blushed.
"You get weirder every day." Nico sighed.

Will grinned.
"Is this where you tell me that you love me anyway?" He smiled cheekily. Nico nodded, smiling slightly.
"Yeah."