Soulmate AU- Colour

I promised to post these ages ago and I've just finished writing them. I've edited them a bit, but there still might be some problems...

You don't see colour until you touch your soulmate. When one of you dies, the other's vision goes back to black and white.

NPOV:
Life is dull: everyone knows that. Boring, boring, boring. Everything is black and white. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't know what I was missing out on, but I do... Kind of.

I've never experienced colour before, but my father has. After my mother died, everything turned back and white again, but he still remembers what it was like. When my sister and I were younger he would describe it to us, but since Bianca died he has become distant, so he doesn't anymore.

I walk through the hallways of my school, bored out of my mind, when I almost walk into someone.
"Hey, watch it!" They growl, pushing me back. I fall in my back and the air is knocked out of my lungs.
"Octavian, leave him alone!" Somebody says.

I look up to see two boys. Both are tall, and I can tell that one is paler.
"Shut up." The paler one says, before storming off. The small amount of people still milling around walk off to go to class, so eventually we're the only people left.

"Sorry about my cousin." The boy turns to me and smiles apologetically. "Here, I'll help you up." He reaches out a hand. I don't like physical contact, but I feel drawn towards this boy.

I reach for it and go to grab his hand, but the second our fingers touch we both gasp and pull away. Colour blooms before my eyes and my breath catches in my throat.

I look up at the boy who is standing over me. He has a beautiful hair colour. He looks down at me and smiles.
"You're my soulmate, huh?" He grins.
"I guess I am." I get to my feet awkwardly.

"Your hair is still black." He tells me. I take a strand in my fingers and look at it.
"Damn." I growl. "I was hoping it would be a new colour, like yours." He looks at his hair and smiles. "Your eyes are nice, too." I smile shyly. He grins.
"Yours are as well." He tells me.
"Thanks."

"So what's your name?" He asks me as we start to walk towards the exit. Screw school, I jus met my soulmate!
"Nico Di Angelo." I tell him, unable to stop smiling.
"I'm Will Solace." He says.
"How have we never bumped into eachother before?" I ask incredulously.
"I don't know." He shrugs. "But we're very lucky.

"How?" I ask, stepping out of the school.
"Well, you could have been on the other side of the world, or dead. I could have never met you! You could have only known an entirely different language, or already been in a relationship." His eyes widen. "You're not, are you?" He asks worriedly.

"No." I shake my head. "Are you?"
"No."
"Really?" I stare at him.
"What do you mean?" He asks nervously.
"Well... Look at you!" I shrug. He blushes and averts his eyes.
"You're not to bad yourself." He mumbles. Now it's my turn to blush.

We walk in comfortable silence for a while.
"You're not bothered that we're both boys, are you?" He suddenly asks.
"No." I shake my head. "I've always liked boys, and my dad doesn't care."
"My parents won't mind either." He tells me. "Um... Do you want to come over to my house? There's still a few hours before school ends..."
"Sure." I say. "My dad won't be home from work for a few hours anyway."

Will smile say me and tentatively reaches out his arm. I take his hand and the colours around me seem to get brighter. We keep walking, both of us grinning like idiots.

~~~ A few years later ~~~

"See you later, sunshine!" Will smiles, stepping outside.
"Bye! Love you!" I smile back, before turning to our three year old daughter Bianca. She looks like a perfect mix of Will and I, even though she's adopted. Her skin is pale olive, like mine, while her hair is blonde. The only part of her that neither Will or I have is her eye colour. They're a lovely forest green.

She giggles happily as I pick her up and carry her around the house as I clean. I'm a complete neat-freak, so while Will's at work as a doctor, I'm the little housewife. He teases me about it occasionally, but I always get him back, so he doesn't do it very often.

When I'm done, I sit down and switch on the TV. My jaw drops the instant I see what's playing. It's the news, and it isn't good. Apparently, there's a terrorist attack going on right now. I freeze and stare at the TV in horror as it goes to live footage, then my almost heart stops. The place that is being bombed is a hospital. And not any hospital... The one Will works at.

I watch in terror as the footage continues, hoping and praying that Will is alright. Bianca must sense my mood, because she starts to cry. I look down and try to comfort her, then my vision is suddenly plunged into black and white.