Soulmate AU- Last Words

You have the last sentence your soulmate ever says to you written on your wrist.

@Ravenclawgirl7839 suggested first words, but I couldn't think of a way to make it really interesting, so I changed it to last words instead.

NPOV:
"I love-"
"Don't say it, remember?" I remind Will. We've been dating for a few weeks, and I don't want him to die.

I should probably back up a bit. Okay, basically, we all have a soulmate. Our soulmate's last words to you are written on your wrist. This is pretty unfair, as we won't know who our soulmate is until we lose them.

It's also problematic for me, as on my wrist, it says I love you. This means that I freak out when whenever anyone says that they love me.

I don't know for sure if Will is my soulmate or not, but I think he is. However, I won't let him say "I love you" in case something happens to him afterwards and he dies. Surely he can cheat death if he never says those three words...

Some people are born with no words, meaning they'll never meet their soulmate. I know I'll meet mine, and Will and I click, so I think he's the one.

Apparently, he doesn't think so.
"Why can't you let me say that I love you?" He asks me.
"Because I'm scared I'll lose you." I tell him.
"Why can't I say 'I really love you', then?" He asks accusingly. "Do you not like me that much?"

"I do!" I tell him.
"Then let me express my love!"
"Will, I'm just worr-"
"You don't love me, do you?" He asks me sadly.
"No, Will, I do!" I protest.

He shakes his had and turns away from me. He starts walking across the road.
"Will, wait!" I run after him, and he stood and turns. Suddenly, a car turns the corner. Before Will can move, it collides with him.

He collapses and the car drives on, the driver not even noticing. I scream and rush to Will's side, sobbing. He isn't dead. Thank goodness.

I put his head on my lap and search or my phone, but I can't find it.
"You idiot!" I shout at Will. "I-I love you, why the hell were you walking away?"
"I'm sorry." He says, his voice catching. There's a red stain spreading across his chest.

"I-I love-"
"No, don't say that!" I say frantically. "You can't die!"
"Nico..." He lifts up with the last of his strength and presses his lips to mine. I start crying more, clutching at him like I'm the injured one.
"Please..." I sob as he pulls away gently. "Please, be okay..."

"I lo-."
"Don't say that! Don't you dare!" I shout hysterically. The light seems to fade from his eyes as I sob. "Don't you fucking dare!" I clasp my hand across my mouth in horror.

~~~Memory~~~
"I mean, what kind of last words are 'don't you fucking dare?'" Will laughs. I smile and shake my head, shrugging.
"Maybe you'll die doing a stupid stunt." I suggest.
"Yeah," Will nods, grinning. "That sounds about right."
~~~End of Flashback~~~

I just said the last words he heard his soulmate hear... Before I can say something else, Will lifts his hand to my face and brushes away a stray hair.

"I love you..." He whispers, before his hand drops to his side and he breathes his last breath.