Philophobia

A/N: So this is based on the tumblr post above. I've wanted to write this for so long.

Nico is 21, Will is 22.

Warning: mentions sex, abusive language, self-harm and swearing. Don't read if these things are triggering for you! (By the way, I'm NOT trying to romanticise self-harm. The next two Oneshots will probably include self-harm too, but I don't want to romanticise it.)

By the way, Philophobia is the fear of love.

Nico sauntered into the small coffee shop, looking up from his phone and slipping it into his pocket. He felt it buzz and sighed, pulling it back out again and internally groaning. That Jason guy just couldn't take a hint!

'But I love you!' The message read. Nico rolled his eyes.
'Well I don't love you, so leave me alone.' He typed. Seconds later, the reply came.
'Didn't you feel anything?'
'It was a one night stand!' Nico replied.

'I know that it was more than that. I felt a connection, and I know that you felt it too.' Nico groaned out loud. How cheesy could this guy get?
'Delete my number.'

His phone buzzed again, but before he could read the reply, he bumped into somebody. Both people tumbled to the ground, Nico's phone flying out of his hand. The other person cried out in shock as Nico landed on top of his chest.

He looked down and his breath hitched. The man below him was stunning. He had wavy golden hair and dark blue eyes framed by long eyelashes. He had a perfect tan and was dotted with hundreds of brown freckles, only a few shades darker than his skin. His cheeks were bright red and Nico realised that his lips were moving.

"Wow." Nico breathed. He cracked a grin and watched as the boy stopped talking and simply started at him. Nico chucked and leaned down slightly. "Don't you think I should buy you dinner before I get you under me?" He joked. The boy's entire face flushed bright red. Nico waited for him to give him a shy response or weak attempt at flirting.
"Can you get off me please?"

Nico huffed. The man's voice was beautiful, but Nico was disappointed by what he had said. He had wanted him to flirt back.

"Sorry, I didn't think I was that heavy." Nico snapped, getting to his feet. The blonde awkwardly scrambled up after him.
"S-sorry." He stuttered. "I-I didn't mean you were h-heavy. I-I was just-"
"It's okay." Nico smiled at him, brushing it aside. The boy was so shy and awkward, Nico found it impossible to stay angry. He was just too damn cute.

The boy glance around nervously, still bright read. Nico registered that a few people were watching them, but they we're losing interest by the second.

"What's your name?" Nico asked.
"W-Will..."
"I'm Nico. Nico Di Angelo." He smiled. Will blushed even more and hung his head, mumbling something indecipherable. "Sorry, what?" Nico asked. "I couldn't hear you..."
"I-it's n-nothing." Will knelt down and picked up Nico's phone. Nico saw him glance at the messages briefly before handing it back.

"Did I hurt you?" Nico reached out and placed his hand on his arm, causing him to flinch and duck his head.
"N-no. I'm fine, thanks."
"Are you sure?" Nico stepped closer.
"Yes." Will was speaking through clenched teeth. Nico frowned, tilting his head slightly. The taller boy squeezed his eyes shut, his body tense. "Please leave me alone."

Nico stepped back, offended.
"Geez, sorry." He snapped. "I didn't realise you were straight." He hadn't even been that obvious with his flirting, but apparently this guy didn't like him. He scowled, crossing his arms.
"Sorry!" Will covered his face. "I-I didn't mean t-to offend you, I-I just meant..." He drifted off, unsure of what to say.