Selfish

The blaring of the alarm clock usually jolts Nico awake, but he's so exhausted that it only half-wakes him today. It's when Will leans over him to turn it off, then plants a kiss on his cheek, that he finally opens his eyes.

"Good morning." Will smiles, always so soft when he's just woken up. His hair is tousled and in need of cutting, and his neck still bares the reddish-purple marks that Nico made last night.

"Morning." Nico replies, yawning. He really is exhausted. Over the past two weeks, late shifts, babysitting Percy and Annabeth's daughter, and two monster attacks have really worn him down, and he thinks he could do with a few more hours in bed.

However, he has to get up. Groaning, he tries to do so, but Will snakes his arms around Nico's waist and pulls him closer. Nico squirms.
"I have to go."
"Call in sick." Will murmurs into Nico's messy hair.
"I can't."
"You can." Will presses. "You've been working overtime for weeks, they'll let you have this."

Nico sighs, unable to stop himself
from relaxing against Will's warm
body. "You're way ahead in work." Will continues. "And you really do need more rest. You look terrible."
"Thanks." Nico says sarcastically,
rolling over to face Will, who gives him a dazzling smile.
"Hey, you didn't marry me just for compliments."

"Yeah, I did." Nico pokes him in the ribs. This would usually trigger an attack of tickles from Will, but the blonde refrains, making Nico realise just how tired he must look.

"Fine." He relents. He sits up begrudgingly and picks up his mobile, pressing a finger to his lips to warn Will to be quiet. He rolls his eyes.
"They'll expect noise, you idiot."
Will explains. "You're calling from your own home."
"Shush." Nico insists.

After a short conversation, sure enough, Nico is allowed the day off. He snuggles back into bed, smirking as he presses his freezing cold legs against Will's warm ones, making him hiss in complaint, but hug him nevertheless.

"I feel kind of selfish." Will remarks after a moment. Nico rests his head against Will's chest, able to hear his heartbeat.
"Hm."
"Though this is for your own good."
"Yeah."
"Are you even listening to me? You don't sound very enthusiastic."
"Well, you see, I'm trying to sleep."
"Ah. Sorry."

Nico thinks he must be part cat, because he almost purrs as Will starts to slowly run his fingers through his hair. Warm, relaxed and content, he lets out a small sigh, then drifts to sleep.

a/n: this is short, but hey, it's something! hopefully you liked it.

what should i work on next: neko Nico, ghost Nico, or protester Will?