Soulmate AU- Names

You have your soulmate's name written somewhere on your body.

NPOV:
I stare at the name on my hand for the thousandth time that day. It's been here all my life, but I've never really cared about it until now. My sister Hazel just met her soulmate, and now I'm starting to wonder about mine.

It's in the worst possible place, the palm of my hand. Some people would consider that good. It's in plain sight, meaning your soulmate could see it. Unfortunately, the people at my school can see it. And it's a boy's name.

I used to be teased relentlessly, but when I moved house, I covered it up. I wore gloves constantly.

I've never felt attraction to anyone, so I'm not sure if I like girls. Apparently, my soulmate is a male. I have no problem with that, but a lot of people do. Barely anybody has a soulmate who's the same gender as them. It's socially unacceptable. My family don't care, but I've gotten a lot of discrimination over the years.

Hazel's soulmate is a boy called Frank. He's slightly older than her, and looks really scary, but he's the biggest dork I've ever met. I have no doubt that he will take brilliant care of Hazel. Actually, she'll probably be taking care of him. He's unbelievably clumsy.

~~~

I can't seem to tear my eyes away from my hand. Apparently, it's written in the handwriting of my soulmate. I have awful handwriting. My soulmate probably can't even read it.

In neat writing, I'm the palm of my hand, is the name Will Solace. It's a lovely sounding name. I wonder what he looks like...

The thought hits me like a train. I could search him online! There's only a slim chance that he would be mentioned on the Internet, but is still a chance nevertheless. There are probably lots of Will Solaces, and I have no way to distinguish which one is my soulmate, but it's worth a try.

I grab my laptop, lock myself in my bedroom, and search his name into google images. All of the pictures are of the same person. He's tanned, with golden hair and captivating azure eyes. I try to not get my hopes up, but I feel drawn towards him.

I go onto a website and discover that he's a singer. Great, a celebrity. I've got no chance with him. Fate would never be kind enough to pair me up with somebody as flawless as this man.

I go back to the images and try to find one where I can see the name written on him, but I can't see it anywhere. All of the websites I check say that he has never showed anyone.

Even so, I go back into the website and read on. Apparently, he'll be performing nearby soon. I need to go, even if it's just to prove to myself that this isn't my soulmate.

~~~

My step-mom willingly agrees to let me go, claiming that he could be my soulmate. My father also agreed eagerly. He never met his soulmate. He's had three wives, my mom, Hazel's mom, and now his current wife. All of them have been lovely, but none were his soulmate. Since Hazel found Frank, everyone has wanted me to find my soulmate.

Hazel comes with me, fortunately. Without her, I would probably be too scared to go. I hate crowded places.

We find a space quite near the stage as the performance starts. For some reason, I don't want to look at the stage.

What if he isn't my soulmate? Hazel grips my arm.
"Look!" She orders me. I glance up at the stage and my eyes immediately lock with his. They're beautiful. He looks even more amazing in person. He continues to sing something which sounds like a love song, never breaking eye contact with me.

When the song ends, he tears his eyes away and starts talking to the crowd.

"Wow, he's hot." Hazel murmurs beside me. She nudges me playfully. "Lucky." My face heats up as I look away from the stage.
"Hazel!"
"What?" She smiles innocently. "He is!"

"Whatever." I sigh. "He's obviously not my soulmate. I could never get that lucky. And anyway, there are probably hundreds of people called Will Solace. There's no way this guy is the Will Solace."

I keep talking. "Even if he is my soulmate, I doubt he'd like me. We're both guys! And you're right," I continue, now realising how many things are stopping us from ever being together, "he is hot. I bet thousands of girls have already pretended to be his soulmate. He won't believe me. And anyway, he's probably already in a relationship."
"I'm not." A voice says from behind me.

I whirl around to find myself being stared at by Will Solace himself. My face turns even redder as I start stuttering out an apology. He raises an eyebrow and smirks, which makes it extremely hard to concentrate.

He suddenly holds out a hand. I stare at it with confusion, so he grabs mine, then pulls me onto the stage. I yelp with surprise as he grins. He stands beside me as I realise what's happening. Shit!

Everyone stares at me, and I close my eyes.
"Can I see your soulmate's name?" He asks me quietly, resting his hand on my shoulder. It sends shivers through my body. He must see my blush, because he lowers his voice and whispers "It's not anywhere embarrassing, is it?"

I shake my head and reluctantly give him my hand. He inspects it carefully, running his fingertip along it. Slowly, I open my eyes and he smiles at me.

"What's your name?" He asks me.
"N-Nico. Nico Di Angelo." I stammer. Will's smile grows and he suddenly pulls off his shirt, making lots of the girls in the crowd shriek with delight. He points to his chest, where I can see a name.

The writing is messy, but it's definitely my name. I step closer, certain that my eyes are deceiving me, but it clearly says Nico Di Angelo.

Before I can say anything, Will presses his lips to mine. I hear people screaming, but then the sound seems to fade, and all that matters is Will and I.