Band AU

A/N: I wrote this while listening to Green Day; I am not to be held accountable for my actions.

WPOV:

They're playing music again.

Even with my windows closed, I can hear it emanating from the house next door, the sound leaking through the walls into my house.

Growling, I grit my teeth. I can't even understand what they're playing, it just sounds like screaming, shouting and swearing to me.

They've been playing music every day for the past week, and my head is starting to hurt. Eventually, I can't take any more. I throw my door open and storm over to the house next door, grimacing at how loud the music is. I'll be surprised if my ears aren't bleeding.

I knock on the door as loudly as I can, yelling at the same time. I can barely even hear myself. After a few moments, the music stops. A few more seconds later, the door swings open.

"Can I help you?" A voice asks aggressively. I look down at the speaker. He's a bit shorter than me, with messy black hair in an undercut and dark brown eyes lined with generously applied eyeliner. He has pale olive skin and is wearing black skinny jeans and a black shirt with a logo on. I manage to read the words 'Green Day'. That's the name of a band, isn't it? The guy crosses his arms and glares at me, tapping his foot against the floor impatiently.

"Yes! Can you please stop screaming?" I demand. Faster than I can react, the guy grabs the collar of my shirt. He pulls me into the house and slams me against the wall, smirking as he leans closer.
"Sure, but I can't guarantee the same for you." He whispers.

Okay, that is very forward and extremely unnecessary. Regardless, I can feel my cheeks turning red as I push him off me, trying to scowl.
"Just stop playing your music so loudly." I mean it to come out threateningly, but my voice breaks halfway through the sentence. The boy smirks, putting one of his hands on his hip. Goddamnit, I can feel my resolve crumbling. Despite his inappropriate flirting tactics, I can't deny that he's hot, and now I know that he obviously likes guys.

A girl suddenly pops her head around be corner. She has dark skin and black hair in a braid over her shoulder.
"Nico, Annabeth is getting impatient. She has to go in an hour, and the next song has your solo."
"Okay, Reyna! Calm down!" The guy, Nico, throws his hands up. She nods, flashes me a suspicious look, and disappears around the corner.

"You sing?" I ask curiously.
"No, I'm the guitarist." He shakes his head. "Reyna, who you just met, plays bass, my sister Hazel plays violin, my cousin Percy sings, Jason plays the drums, Frank plays keyboard, Leo plays backup guitar and Piper sings backup. Annabeth- Percy's girlfriend- manages everything." He lists the people on his fingers.

I nod, even though I don't recognise any of those names.
"That's a lot of people." I remark. Nico nods. He doesn't seem as hostile as he did a few minutes ago. When he talks about his band, his eyes light up and his expression softens.

"Nico!" A female voice shouts. Nico angles his body to face the other way.
"Okay, I'm coming!" He yells back. He turns to me, scowling, then his expression turns to apologetic. "I have to go..." He says.
"Okay." I nod. "Try to keep it down, okay?"
"I can't make any promises." He shrugs, half-smiling.

I start I walk away, but after a few paces he calls "hey!" I turn, raising my eyebrow questioningly. "I never got your name." He says.
"Will. Will Solace." I take a few steps closer again.
"Nico Di Angelo." He smiles.
"Cool. What's your band name?"
"The Demigods."

"Nico!" The voice shouts again. A girl walks around the corner, stopping short when she sees me. She's really short, with cocoa skin and brown hair with golden tips.
"Who's this?" She asks.
"Will. He lives next door." Nico tells her.
"Oh, did we disturb you?" She asks me, eyes wide.
"Uh... Yeah, but it's fine." I smile.
"Sorry." She says, before turning to Nico.

"You weren't rude to him, were you?" She asks him accusingly.
"No!"
"He threatened to fuck me." I say bluntly.
"Nico!" She hits him round the head, causing him to wince. Rubbing the back of his head, he shoots me an angry look, obviously saying thanks a lot.

Slightly worried, I laugh nervously.
"Sorry?" I try. He turns back to the girl.
"I'll be with you in a second, Haze." He says. She must be Hazel. She nods and leaves, and Nico turns back to me.
"Sorry." I say again.
"It's okay." He sighs. I nod, ready to leave again, but Nico reaches forward and grabs my wrist.

"Do you want to, uh, come over later, maybe? He asks quietly, letting go to pick at his nails, which I notice are painted black.
"Okay." I can't help the grin spreading across my face. He looks up, looking surprised.
"Really?"
"Yeah." I nod, my smile growing. Nico's mouth curves into a smile, and his cheeks go pink.
"Uh, c-cool." He stutters. "Th-the others, uh, leave in about an hour." He tells me nervously.
"Awesome." I smile.

Somebody yells Nico's name again, and he cringes.
"Shit, Annabeth is gonna skin me alive." He grimaces. "I'll talk to you later?" He asks.
"Sure." I nod.
"Okay, bye." He waves and closes the door, and the music starts up again a few seconds later as I walk back to my house, smiling uncontrollably.