Soulmate AU- Eyes

When you're born, your left eye is your eye colour, and the right eye is your soulmate's eye colour. They only go to a matching pair when you first meet.

NPOV:

I knock on the apartment door and wait for it to open. After a few seconds, it swings open.

"Hi!" The guy smiles. I look up at him with slight interest and realise that he's really hot, with wavy golden hair and bright blue eyes. Eyes. With an s. He's already met his soulmate. I can't help feeling disappointed, and a little bit jealous.

"Hi." I reply, handing him the pizza box. "That will be $3 please." (I don't know how much pizza costs in America, but that's how much it costs where I live.) He hands me the money and smiles, then closes the door.

I walk away, then realise I have no more deliveries and go home. I'm only doing this stupid job so I can afford the rent for my apartment until I get my own house. I share it my friend Jason, but you'd think his girlfriend lives there too. She's always there. I like Piper, but I don't appreciate them being all lovey-dovey around me.

As soon as I get home, I walk into my bedroom and fall face first into the bed, groaning. I feel awful: my head is starting to hurt and my bison is going black around the edges:

I get up and walk to the bathroom, then splash some water in my face before staring into the mirror blankly. The black around the edge of my vision goes away as I stare into my dark brown eyes.

Wait.

My eyes are the same colour. I've met my soulmate...

My right eye used to be sky blue. I wrack my brain for somebody who has that colour eye. Jason has blue eyes, but before he met Piper, one was multicoloured.

Then I remember. The guy I delivered pizza to! It could be coincidence, and he could have already met his soulmate, but it's worth a shot.

I hastily pull on a jacket and rush out of the door, then run all the way to the building he lived in. Fortunately, my terrible memory finally remembers something, and I find his apartment easily. I bang on the door desperately, and almost fall inside the room when it's flung open.

"What?" He guy asks impatiently. I suddenly feel nervous. What was I thinking? He probably isn't even my soulmate, and I just come and annoy him and- "Well?" He asks.

"Uh... Have you met your soulmate yet?" I blurt out. His expression softens, and he shakes his head.
"No, why?"
"I... Um... I used to have that eye colour." I point to his eye. "And now I don't." I say, stating the obvious.

He stares at me for a second, then gets his phone out. He turns it on and looks at himself before looking back at me with shock.
"We... We're soulmates?" He asks.
"I think so." I blush. His face breaks into a massive smile.

"I'm Will." He introduces himself. "Will Solace."
"Nico Di Angelo." I reply.

His entire face breaks into a grin, then he grabs my arm and pulls me into hug, making me yelp with surprise.
"This is fantastic!" He exclaims after I manage to get him off me. "I- I liked you as soon as I saw you, but I assumed you had already met your soulmate."
"I thought the same thing." I laugh slightly.

He smiles, then suddenly leans forward and brushes his lips against mine. I blush, but kiss back, even though I'm completely inexperienced. The kiss ends much too soon, in my opinion.

"Uh... Do you want to come in?" He asks, rubbing he back of his neck.
"Sure." I smile.

He pulls me inside and closes the door, then smiles at me.
"I can't believe I found my soulmate..." He grins.
"Me either." I smile. "It's like a dream come true."

He pulls me closer and kisses me again, having to bend down slightly because of his height. I wrap my arm around his neck and pull him closer, unable to stop smiling.