Part 3

Lacey

I turned and saw Amelia as I predicted. She was standing at the door, nervouslly. "Hey, is everything alright?" I asked with sudden concern.

She hesitated for a second before answering quickly. "S-sorry to bother you. I- I may have just been overthinking things after Lauren fell asleep." She shook as if to clear her thoughts, then started to turn to leave. "I'd better go."

I stood quickly and headed to the door. "Amelia wait." I reached out and gently grabbed her hand, once again feeling the tingles she always caused. "Talk to me,"I pleaded. She slowly turned around. I gestured for her to follow me and lead her to the couch in my room. "Come. Sit." I tapped the couch.

Amelia sighed as she sat forward on the couch. She leaned her elbows on her legs and buried her face in her palms. I instinctively reached over and brushed her hair over her shoulder so I could see her face. "Amelia," I softly whispered. The quiet whimper she let out raked at my heart and I automatically reached for her, pulling her to me. She buried her face into my chest and began to release her sobs.

I let her cry as I held her tightly for many minutes. . Then she lifted her head as whispered, "I'm sorry." I stared into her deep green eyes and wiped her tears away with my thumb while holding her gaze. She leaned her head back against me and wrapped an arm around my waist as her other hand gripped my shirt lightly. I forced myself not to stiffen in order to comfort her.

"It's ok," I answered stroking a hand through her hair. "I got you."

Her tears once again started to fall as she spoke once more. "I'm just so embarrassed that I allowed this to happen," she inhaled deeply. " God, even my so-called boyfriend doesn't want anything to do with me."

I placed my hand under her chin and lifted her face so she could look at me. "You didn't allow anything to happen," I said, rather harshly. That sick fuck is to blame." I clenched my jaw. I felt her body tense up at the sound of my voice and instantly regretted letting my anger get to me. I leaned my head on hers. "I'm sorry I didn't mean..."

"Thank you." she whispered.

"For?"

"For not blaming me, too," her grip loosened on my shirt.

I held her, running my hand through her hair until she fell asleep. It'd been a long time since I'd been this comfortable with someone. Yes, maybe it was because I saved her but there was something else, something beyond just her beauty. But this also made me feel a little guilty. I hadn't been able to do the same for Jackie. I picked her up and walked over to my bed, placing her under the covers. I leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Everything will be alright," I whispered and turned to leave.

Her hand reached out and grabbed my wrist. Her eyes fluttered open slightly as she whispered, "Please stay. I don't want to be alone tonight." I nodded and moved around to the other side of the bed, removed my jeans and hoodie, leaving me in a pair of boxers and a tank top. I turned off the lights and slipped under the covers. I placed my hands beneath my head and stared into the darkness thinking I would just stay here until she fell asleep. She rolled towards me and put her head on my left shoulder. One of her arms wrapped around me as she snuggled closer. I tensed slightly before lowering my left arm. I wrapped it around her bringing her closer to me as I took in her now familiar vanilla scent.

A few moments later her breathing changed, letting me know she had fallen asleep, I closed my eyes and felt a peaceful calm I hadn't felt in years as I drifted off to sleep.

*******

Lauren

I woke up to the sound of howling and gunfire, then I remembered we were watching Underworld. Amelia must have paused the movie which had come back on when I fell asleep. She must have gone to bed. I got up,turned off the television and headed down to see Lacey. It was five I the morning. She was probably still up trying to fight sleep to avoid her nightmares, or having one as she always did.

I turned on the light in the stairway leading to her room. I noticed her room was dark. I looked in to see if she was there. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness I noticed she was asleep but what surprised me the most was seeing Amelia curled up into her.

The sight brought a huge grin to my face, I knew Amelia liked her. But the most amazing sight was that my sister's face was not laden with the distressed look it normally had when she slept because of her dreams. It looked peaceful for the first time since she'd moved here.

I'd known for years that Amelia had a crush on my sister even if they had never met before. It was when we were roommates in college that she first laid eyes on a photo of my sister. I would often see her staring at the photo. At first, I didn't think anything, but whenever she had a bad day I'd find her standing there smiling at the picture. I questioned her about it a few times. Of course, she denied it, but blush on her face gave her away every time.

Amelia had Thomas a few years after that. He was in his last year of college and he constantly chased after her begging for a date. She finally gave in and a few months later they were officially dating. I never liked him but kept up a façade for her sake.

After he graduated he would come to see her when he was not away on his business trips. At first, she was a little upset at his constant absence. This had gone through our last year in school. Soon I noticed a change. He was a lot more aggressive with her. It was during his absence that I noticed she looked happiest. So it came as a shock to me when she moved in with him a few months ago.

I knew she wasn't happy. Everyone saw how he treated her, disregarded her during social events which left her by herself most of the time. I knew she still had those feelings for my sister. When I told her I was bringing Lacey to her party, her face lit up like a child on Christmas morning. Yes, I was upset at the events that happened at her party but if they hadn't I would not be witnessing this moment before me now.

I smiled again as I close the door and headed up to bed.  

A/n: I know the storyline is painfully slow Just bare with me.  Vote if you Like it, Feel free to leave me a comment.