Part 11

Lacey

Spending the day with her was incredible, I can't believe I sang for her. I knew I wanted to show her how much she has come to mean to me, I wanted to do something for her that I'd never done for anyone. All these weeks we've been apart while I let her have her space, I've watched and protected her from the shadows. I knew the first time I laid eyes on her she was different, It's been years, I've closed my emotions and my heart to everything and everyone around me. When I saw her emerge from the crowd that first night it was then I felt it, I feel it every time I look at the redheaded woman, the angel who's released my heart from its cage.

I got a text from Morgan notifying me she needed to see me, she said it was urgent which meant she had the information from earlier. I drove back to the house with the beauty beside me, she held my hand as she slept tired from the day activities, a peaceful smile settled on her face. When I pulled up to the house she sat up in confusion. "oh my god Lacey, I'm so sorry I don't mean to fall asleep." I chuckled and squeezed her hand.

"It's ok Lia, I stilled relished your sleeping presence," I smirked and got out to open her door for her.

"Lia?" she said as she took my offered hand. I stood here apprehensively rubbing the back of my next as I walked her to the door realizing what I called her. She stopped on the first step and turned towards me making us almost the same height. " I like it," she said surprising me when she placed her arms around my neck "I'll just have to find my own little nickname for you," she smirked.

I brushed a strand of hair way from her face gently tucking it behind her ear, our eyes never leaving each others. I cupped her cheek tenderly, gradually leaned forward, desperately wanting to taste her lips once more, she leaned in meeting me halfway. The kiss was gentle I pulled back a little as it started to deepen, "This was the best day I've had in forever, Thank you." I whispered pecking her on her lips once more. "I've got to go, but I'll be back soon," she frowned slightly and gave me a quick kiss back.

"I'll be waiting," she smiled slowly releasing me and turning to the door just as Lauren opened it.

I watched her until she was out of sight wishing I didn't have to leave so soon I smiled remembering the excitement of the day, Forgetting my sister was there until she cleared her throat, "Did you have a nice day?" she smirked.

"The best," I answered smiling watching my sisters eye light up. "I got to run, I'll be back later."

"Take your time I want to get all the details out of her before you get back to ruin it, she said grinning as my mouth dropped open. "See ya sis, she winked closing the door as I stood there hesitating to leave Amelia at the mercy of my sister.

"Ah, Um y-yeah see ya," I stammered finally to no one, as I slowly made my way into my car. 'sisters' I shook my head as I backed out of the drive.

***********************************************************************

I walked into Morgan's bar and heard her yell from the back. 'Gunny." she hollered holding up a bottle of beer. I made my way over and slid into the booth. "Sorry to pull you away from your date, So how was it," I smiled and drew the folder she had on the table closer to me. "I'm guessing by the smile it went well. I'm sorry I'm about to ruin your mood," she said placing her hand over mine making to keep the folder closed.

LooKing over at Morgan, I could tell she was serious. I extracted my hand from hers and the folder motioned for her to explain. "Before I explain I need to know, are things with you and Amelia serious and if not do you want them to be?"

I searched her eyes for any signs of animosity or jealousy, finding none I cleared my throat and answered. "She makes me feel like I can breathe again, from the moment I met her," I paused trying to find the word to explain. "It's like a switch flipped and a light came on, I no longer felt like I was walking in darkness," I smiled as I replayed the image of her as she walking towards me in my mind. "When" I frowned, before quickly taking a sip of my beer. I held it at a tilt as I scrapped at the label in anger while remembering that night. "When I found her in that room I nearly lost it," I whispered. "I wanted to kill them."