Part 10

Amelia

Wearing just a light touch of makeup in keeping with a more natural look, I decided to keep my hair down today I ran my hands through the natural red curls, then continued down across my medium brown low neck tunic style sweater, I checked myself one last time in the mirror, making sure the pair of faded blue jeans which were tucked into a pair of brown calf high boots looked perfect, the two inch heels would give me some added height and would allow me to stare into those mesmerizing deep blue eyes a little better, but would still be comfortable to walk in.

I looked over at the clock, seeing it was a few minutes to twelve which meant Lacey would be here soon. I grabbed my wallet, foregoing the jacket feeling that the sweater should be warm enough for the weather. I checked the security screen at the bottom of the stairs which showed an image of the gorgeous raven haired woman standing just outside the front door.

I watch her for a moment, taking in the sight in front of me, a smile found its way to my face as I watch her nervously fidget. 'I wonder if she was just too nervous to enter, or perhaps she's changed her mind.' I thought, making me nervous as well. I watch as she looked up into the camera the sight of her piercing blue eyes made me gasp as an unfamiliar heat spread through my body causing my knees to weaken. She looked down at her wrist, causing me to glance at the clock, as the large hand met the small at the twelve o'clock mark the doorbell rang startling me a little. I now realized what she had been doing standing at the door. She was in fact 'picking me up' for the date.

I grinned with excitement as I reached for the handle the smile on her face took my breath away. I watch as her smile turned to a frown, "Is everything ok?" I asked worriedly.

She gulped, 'It- It's just," she said, lowering her head, she sighed and pulled a bouquet of flowers from her back as she peered up at me through dark lashes. "-Th-These flowers don't do your beauty justice." She nervously stuttered while handing me.

I gasped out loud, yellow roses and white Calla lilies my favorite combination, "These are beautiful, " I whispered, "how did you know?" she looked at me puzzled. "These are my favorite."

The smile that appeared on her face let me know I answered her questioning look. "I guessed," was all she replied. "Ready?" she asked.

"Sure, let me put these in a vase first," I said as she followed me in but waited at the door as if she didn't live here. "You surprised me when you rang the doorbell," I called back as she waited.

"She smiled when I returned, " I wanted this to feel like a real date," she said, rubbing her hand on the back of her neck which I've noticed is something she did when she was nervous. "You know, not like, um like roommates just going somewhere to hang out."

"I smiled at her, "I wouldn't have thought of it as anything less than a real date." By the look on her face and the huge smile on her face, she must have been satisfied with my answer.

She reached out her hand, palm up. "Shall we?" she asked. I placed my hand in hers loving how they fit so well together. "Yes." I simply answered as she led me to the car and opened the door. It was something she's done before, but this time, I could feel the blush rising to my cheeks. As she gently closed the door and headed for the driver's side.

The ride took just a little over thirty minutes our conversation light, I didn't bother to ask where we were going I wanted it to be just as much of a surprise as I assumed she wanted it to be. We pulled up to the crowded parking lot and found a spot moments later. She walked around the car and opened my door once again extending her hand out for me to take.