Part 31

A/N: Another part as requested.........

1 ½ years later.............

Lacey

"Hey, you look beautiful today" I smirked at Jackie, We've become closer than ever over the past year and a half, She wore a baby blue sundress to match the rest of the bridesmaids her hair had finally grown back barely reaching her shoulders. Things were getting better for her and I was glad she decided to go through chemo like she said she would, almost dying caused her to see she wanted nothing more to live and be able to raise her daughter.

"You look amazing as well, are you nervous?" she asked.

I gave her a lopsided grin and nodded my head, instead of shaking it side to side "No" I answered, causing her to laugh in an attempt to hide the fact that, yes, I was indeed nervous but I couldn't think of wanting to spend the rest of my life with anyone else. Amelia and I waited on getting married while helping raise Jacey during Jackie's recovery and spent out time together getting to know everything about the other. And now today was the day of our wedding.

"She's a lucky girl Lace," she whispered out as she straightens the collar of my fitted jacket she'd told me the day she laid bleeding in my arms that her biggest regret was letting me go. But I believe she's finally come to terms we could never be more than this especially after her father and my mother confessed to their biggest secret. Jackie and Lauren were half-sisters conceived during one last fling between college lovers. Although she and I were not related it made things a little awkward at first.

"I'm the lucky one," I brushed my hand across her cheek. "Not many people get a chance at love, Not many get to fall in love twice." Although my love for Amelia surpassed anything I'd ever felt for anyone I could not deny that Jackie was my first love.

"Gunny, you ready?" Morgan chirped happily as she burst through the door, I placed as a kiss on Jackie's cheek as she brushed away a stray tear.

"I'm honestly happy for you Amelia is a wonderful person," Jackie whispered in my ear as she hugged me

"Thank you," I whispered back, Shooting a smile to Morgan. "Absolutely Cap" Morgan and I were dressed in jeans and blue button downs shirts mine a little darker than the baby blue she wore with biker boots matching our black leather Jackets. My mother was upset at first that there wasn't going to be an extravagate wedding, that included tuxedos and an elaborate wedding gown. We wanted something small and simple, and amongst close friends and family.

"We look good," Morgan wiggled her eyebrows at me causing me to laugh at her untucked shirt sticking out of the bottom of her jacket. I had to agree though we looked pretty sharp even just dressed casually.

Morgan headed toward the bridesmaids to take her place while I headed over to the vine covered gazebo, our wedding was taking place at my favorite location in Columbus, The Topiary Park, with a guest list of about fifty seated I nervously waited.

She Keeps Me Warm by Mary Lambert started playing. The first down the grassy path was the adorable Jacey dressed in her little pink dress. I chucked as she flung white rose petals in the air, remembering how she begged Amelia to let her wear pink when everyone else was wearing a shade of blue. That child's love for the color was unmatched any anyone we knew.

Sam and Amy were next followed by Sarah and Jackie who had finally started dating a few months ago. My best friend Morgan and my sister Lauren followed soon after. Lauren took her place toward the right as Morgan took her place between me and Sam, standing right beside me just as she had done for so many years. She gave me a comforting pat on the back knowing I was anxious.