Part 12

Lacey

When Morgan and I returned, I excused myself and headed to my room seeing that Lauren was still interrogating Amelia about our date. "She sang for you?" I heard Lauren squeal. "I didn't know she could sing did you, Morgan?"

Great, I'll never hear the end of it now. I was still reeling from the information I received tonight and needed to let out some frustration. I pulled off my shirt leaving me in only a sports bra and jeans and headed to my weight room, I put on a pair of gloves and made my way to the bag. Anger took over at the memory of those men hovering over an almost unconscious Amelia, I laid into the bag blow after blow, swing after swing I imaged the damage I would do if I ever got my hands on those men again.

Images of the night with Jackie flooded my thoughts, I was angry at the men, but I was angry with myself more. I cursed my weakness and I continued to assault the bag, getting angrier still as I felt my tears fall. I continued to hit the bag until I could no longer raise my arms to swing. exhausted I gripped the bag as I slid down to my knees the painful memories and guilt raked trough me as I quietly sobbed.

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me knowing it was Morgan, "It's alright Kid, Breath."

"I can't be weak. I won't be," I muttered as I hung my head in shame.

"You're not weak, Lace, you never were, you were young then," She said rubbing my back to quiet me. "You're no longer that girl, someday we'll get them like we will these bastards and we'll make them pay. But you have to let go of the past." She wiped my tears. "Why don't you girls head upstairs, we'll be up in a bit," she said making me realize Lauren and Amelia must have followed her. I shut my eyes, embarrassed for letting them see me break down. 'They're gone let's get you in the shower."

I made my way to the shower pulling off the gloves, finding that it gave me little protection from the onslaught of hits I gave that bag. Morgan started the shower as I undressed, I stepped in and hissed as the water hit the torn skin on my knuckles. I stood in the shower letting the hot water stream down my body soothing my tired muscles.

I stepped out of the steam filled shower finding my sweatpants and a tank top sitting on the counter. 'Morgan' I shook my head and smiled she knew me better than anyone and was grateful she was here.

The Lauren and Morgan were huddled excitingly around the computer when I made my way up. "Hey, What's going on?"

"We're ordering Halloween costumes for Saturday they still have a lot of good ones left," Lauren answered. "You feeling better?" she looked at me worriedly.

"Yes, much better, Where's Amelia," I asked cautiously hoping I didn't scare her.

"Kitchen.' Morgan said, "She's a bit shaken you should go check on her," I spun quickly making my way to the kitchen.

Stopping at the entrance of the kitchen, I watched as Amelia stood there in one of my large t-shirts, staring aimlessly into her cup of coffee which sat on the counter apparently lost in thought. "Penny for your thoughts?" I asked causing her to turn abruptly almost knocking over her coffee, spilling some in the process. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," I said walking slowly towards her.

"You didn't." she tried to smile grabbing a towel to clean the spilled coffee, but I could see the trembling in her hands.

"I, I meant about earlier, in the basement," I said nervously as I place a hand over hers in an attempt to stop the shaking.

"Your hand," she said taking in the sight of the torn skin. She grasped it as I tried to pull it back to hide it. "Don't" she scolded, "Sit I need to bandage it," She ordered as she pulled over a bar stool. She handed me her coffee and said, "Don't move I'll be right back." I sighed in defeat, took a seat and waited for her to return.