Part 17

Lacey's POV

I walked Amelia to the car as her body continue to shake., Her sobs subsided but I could still see the fear in her eye hearing that Morgen would be letting Brad go. Opening the car door for her, I helped her get buckle in, before walking around the car and slipping into the driver's seat.

"I know you're afraid, love, but I promise you he will never hurt you or take advantage of you again." I said trying to put her mind at ease as I started the car to get the heat going.

"If you weren't with me today I'm not sure what would have happened." Tears streaked her face.

"Until he's put away, I'll never leave you by yourself again," I promised.

"You knew what he did?" she whispered, "and you still want to be with me," she questioned as she trembled in her seat. I slipped my jacket off and draped it across her.

"I will always want to be with you, " I said brushing her hair away from her face so I could look at her. "Look at me Lia, " I asked as she hesitantly looked at me but not meeting my eyes. I let out a slow breath what happened to her wasn't her fault and I knew no matter what anyone said she'd still partly blame herself for it happening. "Amelia, " I whispered lifting her chin so I could look into her eyes. "I-I love you, I am in love with you. I know we've only known each other for a short time but I do." I said wiping her tears with the pad of my thumb. "I am yours for as long as you'll have me, and even then my heart will always belong to you."

She wrapped her arm around my neck and pulled me as far as our seat belts would allow, and continued to cry once again, this time, I hoped they were tears of happiness. " I love you too Lay," She mumbled into my neck.

The ride home was silent, I kept my right hand on hers until pulling into the driveway. "why did Morgan let him go?" she finally spoke

"I can't really go into details, but he's part of a bigger investigation, we came across some video while searching his apartment and the drugs he used. " I answered. "We've been working on this for months now." I sighed. "you are not the only one they have done this to."

She looked at me shocked, "W-why is he still coming after me?"

"I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that you dated his brother, or maybe I cause this when I found you that night," I said honestly. "But he will not hurt you again, he can't release that video without implicating himself."

"Ok," she nodded. "I trust you." I smiled and exited the car making my way around to help her out. She leaned into me once she exited and pulled me down and gave me a quick kiss. "Let's go pack for the trip." She smiled, causing me to groan.

By seven, the next morning Morgan and I packed up the SUV. "You ready for this trip?" she asked

"No," I grumbled. "If he finds out you've been dating Lauren..."

"Don't worry about us, Lace, you keep your temper in check," she lectured. "Remember you're not that weak little girl that left all those years ago. And frankly I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees you," she said flexing like the hulk making me laugh.

There was a flash followed by giggles heard behind us. We turned seeing our girls grinning. "Hot damn De Luca!" Lauren said as she bit her lower lip strutting over to run her hands over Morgan's arms.

"Oh god, I do not need to be seeing this." I groaned clenching my eyes closed." Get in, let's go. I grumbled. "Nah-uh," I said grabbing Morgan by her coat. "Front seat, I'm not spending the next six hours listening to you and my sister making out."

After three hours of driving, we stopped for some lunch at a little diner in Indianapolis, before Morgan and I switched places, the girls fell asleep not long after. "So how are you really feeling about being home after all these years?" Morgan asked